Drax Power Station - Quick Fly Around

I wasn’t fully happy with that - just had the idea and wanted to play with some fx - it was more for fun than trying to achieve cinematic excellence.

Considering the fast bits in mine were 36x … it’s amazing how stable the MP is in Litchi mode.

Mind - the air was absolutely still when I took that, too.

Thats in 1080 24fps (as previous I cannot be bothered waiting for the render times in 4k, and was only having a test day, still looks ok on the big tele ;o)

Yeah I was thinking that, as @OzoneVibe says I think that a blur transition would add that effect, i was doing a quick play between chores on the kitchen table

2 Likes

Would be great to have a Litchi Mission section on the Forum.
From what i have seen of others, then people could upload their missions, so if others wish to use them, they could.
I am slowly getting my head around Litchi, i have created a test mission around my local park area, playing with the settings, height, camera angles, etc.
It looks a fabulous program, and ,from results i have seen here it has great opportunities for everyone.
Great Video Chris @milkmanchris , it has definitly lit my fuse !!.

1 Like

Indeed it does! Stuck it up on Chromecast.

2 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Litchi chit-chat … What’s Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

This might be more suited to you Dave for that effect you are going for.

I’m still looking for what I meant for Chris though.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely try that.

When I was tinkering, I did end up with what I was wanting at the time.
I did have Cpt Kirk sound clips for “Warp Factor 2” I was going to use … but then that didn’t fit the music I decided on.

2 Likes

That’s actually using the exact same effect that I was using … but also using some additional masking, and a few tricks …. so I’ll have to try them on that clip.

:+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I thought that but it’s surprising how much difference it makes with those extra effects.
One person I subscribe to for Davinci is Casey Faris, he knows his way around it like no one else and makes everything look so easy.

@milkmanchris, I can’t find the exact effect I was looking for but this one is similar but on a sideways movement.
If you tried it on the Y axis instead of the X it could work, maybe worth a try sometime to see if it works.
He also gives a good tip on editing and cache video like you were saying I think @OzoneVibe

2 Likes

The worst thing about using DaVinci is it showing you yet-another-awesome-hardware-configuration every time it starts up!

2 Likes

Shut your eyes like I do :grin:

Editing is difficult enough with them open!

1 Like

I’d love to have a play with … whatever that is!

I must download/install 16 one day, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant until it’s gone :grin:

It’s more than we could ever afford, that’s what that is :laughing:

Is 16 out?
I just saw a video for 15.2 here, Blackmagic Design

Ah - yeah - knew there was an update, hadn’t looked at versions.

2 Likes

Bit late to the party but that Drax video is brilliant! We haven’t got any power stations near us but I could always try it around The Faslane base.:rofl:

3 Likes

Might as well do Coulport while your at it :rofl: