Drax Power Station - Quick Fly Around

Much better Chris, I would go even faster though so it’s a blur between the slower shots, hard to explain but you still need to see what the shot is at the start and end of the fast progression if you know what I mean.

1 Like

That’s what I did in The Daily Video Thread - added some radial blur, too.

Getting to where I’m thinking but more like a split second, I’ll see if I can find what I mean as I have seen it done before.

I wasn’t fully happy with that - just had the idea and wanted to play with some fx - it was more for fun than trying to achieve cinematic excellence.

Considering the fast bits in mine were 36x … it’s amazing how stable the MP is in Litchi mode.

Mind - the air was absolutely still when I took that, too.

Thats in 1080 24fps (as previous I cannot be bothered waiting for the render times in 4k, and was only having a test day, still looks ok on the big tele ;o)

Yeah I was thinking that, as @OzoneVibe says I think that a blur transition would add that effect, i was doing a quick play between chores on the kitchen table

2 Likes

Would be great to have a Litchi Mission section on the Forum.
From what i have seen of others, then people could upload their missions, so if others wish to use them, they could.
I am slowly getting my head around Litchi, i have created a test mission around my local park area, playing with the settings, height, camera angles, etc.
It looks a fabulous program, and ,from results i have seen here it has great opportunities for everyone.
Great Video Chris @milkmanchris , it has definitly lit my fuse !!.

1 Like

Indeed it does! Stuck it up on Chromecast.

2 Likes

28 posts were split to a new topic: Litchi chit-chat … What’s Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

This might be more suited to you Dave for that effect you are going for.

I’m still looking for what I meant for Chris though.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely try that.

When I was tinkering, I did end up with what I was wanting at the time.
I did have Cpt Kirk sound clips for “Warp Factor 2” I was going to use … but then that didn’t fit the music I decided on.

2 Likes

That’s actually using the exact same effect that I was using … but also using some additional masking, and a few tricks …. so I’ll have to try them on that clip.

:+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I thought that but it’s surprising how much difference it makes with those extra effects.
One person I subscribe to for Davinci is Casey Faris, he knows his way around it like no one else and makes everything look so easy.

@milkmanchris, I can’t find the exact effect I was looking for but this one is similar but on a sideways movement.
If you tried it on the Y axis instead of the X it could work, maybe worth a try sometime to see if it works.
He also gives a good tip on editing and cache video like you were saying I think @OzoneVibe

2 Likes

The worst thing about using DaVinci is it showing you yet-another-awesome-hardware-configuration every time it starts up!

2 Likes

Shut your eyes like I do :grin:

Editing is difficult enough with them open!

1 Like

I’d love to have a play with … whatever that is!

I must download/install 16 one day, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

I meant until it’s gone :grin:

It’s more than we could ever afford, that’s what that is :laughing:

Is 16 out?
I just saw a video for 15.2 here, Blackmagic Design