Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Scheme (DRES)

I’m registered and it was straight forward and I’m still very new to drones , my interpretation of the labelling rules is it can be in the battery compartment as no special tools are needed to get in there so thus rendering it easy to read when on the ground ?

2 Likes

14 Likes

All done, piece of cake, ID printed on the Dymo and ready to install.
I can’t see why some are getting heated about :man_shrugging:
I could have waited for FPV UK but wanted it out of the way.

7 Likes

I was thinking the same, it has to be clearly visible on the ground so just push 2 buttons pop out the batterie and viola reg number clearly visible.

1 Like

You could make a fortune on these :grin:

Keeps it nice and clean, too. :+1: :wink:

Right I’m a bit confused so I am a PfCO holder however my dad is not but we both fly so does this mean that I can get an operator id and him a flyer id. or what?

Just did mine, not exactly taxing was it? I suppose the £9 was acceptable. Away to play with a label maker.

2 Likes

Alex your dad would need a flyer I’d only as you will be the registered operator.
Only one of you need to register as operator.

1 Like

It depends. If your dad only flies your drones then you are the operator and he’d be flying under your Operator ID (but need his own flyer ID). If he’s got his own drones, he’s got to register as the operator for them. It comes down to who is responsible for the actual drone.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised I wasn’t asked for any serial numbers in the registration process ,

No we only have one drone which belongs to me

1 Like

What do you mean?

Then yes, you’re the operator so it’s only you who needs an Operator ID. He still needs a flyer ID though :slight_smile:

Agreed, and it’s a good place to put it, less chance of it peeling away in flight and sheltered from UV light so less likely to fade - however:

“* easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground”

Which tends to limit it to top or, if the aircraft is large enough, the sides. :frowning:

Yeah sure thanks for clarifying. So only I pay £9

1 Like

Is anyone else getting that feeling that we’re somehow more legitimate having registered? or is that just me ?

4 Likes

I’m sure registering won’t alter the fact that I was illegitimate … :rofl: (not really!!)

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: Having to stop all those anonymous drug runs with my now registered M2P :stuck_out_tongue: …did anyone find out how much the MM can lift? lol

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone has tested it yet

1 Like