Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Scheme (DRES)

I meant that I thought they would ask for the serial numbers of the drones we fly , but they didn’t which surprised me

Ah OK the reason why they haven’t asked you for any serial numbers is because after you have paid your £9 you can fly as many drones as you like / as many as money can buy. All you need to do is put the number on your drone(s)

1 Like

Used a link from the forum, couldn’t get anywhere on CAA site

2 Likes

What do mean?

If they did that I’d need a registration server all to myself :crazy_face:

Nidge.

6 Likes

Just registered on the CAA website it was easier than I thought it would have been, so theirs another annual payment to keep up.

2 Likes

Yes so annoying isn’t it? I wonder what happens if you forget this one though

I’m trying to keep an open mind about the whole registration business. Hobby flying has held an exemplary record in safety and conduct for nearly 100 years, and for fear of sounding like some mad mountain man, I think this is just another erosion of some of our freedoms under the thinly veiled excuse of “Elf n Safety”.

I’m in the BMFA so at least I have a cool down period to see how it all pans out for the next few months and whether I should explore the extreme rock’n’roll community of RC sail boats.

Regards

Nidge.

2 Likes

Try using a different browser if your on a pc.

FPVUK for me, see what January brings.

@mrc123 Clearing your cache and or browsing history may sort it

Poor, naive young man. You wait till the Marine and Coastguard Agency gets their registration scheme going!

3 Likes

I want to this link https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/

Thanks Paul

1 Like

Paul, are you using a tablet or pc?
Which browser are you using?
Tried that link on my iPad and pc works fine on both,

The CAA have confirmed with Hobby Mounts, it can’t go in the Battery compartment.

1 Like

It’s laughable.

I agree, IT FEELS GREAT. Or is it just me?

3 Likes

I’m a BMFA member as well, so this applies:
“Members will be exempted from registering as Operators on the 30th November and can register instead as part of the BMFA’s membership renewal process (ideally by the end of January 2020).”

A registered what though?? :rofl:

9 Likes

so by the same logic once you pass the theory test for driving that makes you a competent and safe driver :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes