Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Scheme (DRES)

Guys just get the ref number done in braille

3 Likes

Does the sticker have to be a certain size?

The letters have to be 3mm or above.

1 Like

Thinking ahead…

Anyone seen any info / sites / pages on renewal?

Just wondering if people will be emailed x amount of time before their ID expires, and/or if you can go to a different CAA page and just enter you ID and DOB, rather than filling in 101 forms again.

Well, I made my views clear on my little tutorial. And figured people should see the screens and some of the questions too… It’s a shame. The Website is well presented and the graphcs are clear. But I really don’t see the majority of flyers completing the test.
And two registration IDs, one of which you fix and another you have to carry? Really? What fucktarderino came up with that idea when 99% of users will be both operators and flyers?

1 Like

:+1: x 100!

2 Likes

One on drone, the other on controller.

1 Like

Nidge.

2 Likes

I need to use this word in a meeting or conference call today - brilliant :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, I figured this is how Ned Flanders would describe this situation…

Just You … :wink:

1 Like

So… I’ve registered - in a totally hung over state. 17/20 pass without bothering. Wonderful - I feel so f’ing special now.

2 Likes

As a BMFA- ‘A’ helicopter certificate holder I just need to register which will be done by the BMFA at the annual renewal of membership at the end of this month…:ok_hand:

For those who did the test, what scores did you all get, it was really pretty simple, I got 20/20. No not 20/20 vision…

I have to agree Shane, is it such a big deal to pay £9 and put a sticker on your drone, mine will go in the battery compatment somewhere.

3 Likes

I got 19/20 with one eye on the Liverpool game, easypeasy all standard stuff, I bet when the first of December comes there will be drones at Heathrow and Gatwick

2 Likes

It’s normally (!) just before Christmas, isn’t it? :wink:

I had no issues yesterday registering my drones I’m not sure what the fuss is about the only thing I can think of.is peoples browsers were playing up. Anyway £9 spent got my registration all done so now if anyone asks I will just show them my details which I have printed out and will keep with me it will save me stopping my flight to show them the I.d on top of my drones

1 Like

20/20 test is still too easy if you ask me

Any online test that allows multiple re try’s and no timer is laughable at best.

*also if anyone’s struggling I’ll sit it for you for a nominal fee :wink:

Your nine quid may be funding a lavish xmas party …