Drone down lesson learned!

Bye bye drone :cold_face::person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

How did that happen Richard ???

Airdata?

Easy decision I guess now on replacing it :grinning:

1 Like

Get ya wellies on. Don’t look that deep.

1 Like

Man error low battery and took the wrong route back ! Should have left it auto RTH my fault , followed the redline back which was the one I took on way out , which was longer route :person_facepalming:t2:

Is what it is I suppose ill try put the video on here if the decent into the water !

3 Likes

Pull the trigger on the air 2s

Oh wait don’t! it won’t have Dronehacks on it :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Why me hey …… I’m kind of sad but I’ve had nothing but dramas weather self inflicted or :man_shrugging:t2: Not , didn’t expect that , everything was going so well , lesson to learn from !

Lost there roughly blue arrow , I don’t have waders , maybe bit of magnet fishing the wkd :smile:

3 Likes

Share the Airdata

I will shortly , sorry not got the patience at the mo to log in and do it , just got off phone to insurance !

1 Like

Just checked my batteries and the same battery that caused me probs last time :man_shrugging:t2: Force landing s&&t , I tried to cancel it wouldn’t let me otherwise I reckon I would have made it lol still had 9%

1 Like

Half a mile, what good eyes you have grandma ;o)

1 Like

I’m magnet fishing the weekend lol , yes half a mile from me but feet from land , what a cock up :person_facepalming:t2::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Silly question they sink right ? If so good !

1 Like

I don’t know if they still make them anymore, but there was a time back in the day where I would only ever fly over water with a Getterback attached. Designed for fishing rods but worked great on drones too :blush:

I’d be sad if I lost a drone too :confused:

5 Likes

It’s ok as I just said to my mate across the rd , I’m alive ! The drone is replaceable but maybe at a cost :man_shrugging:t2: See what the insurance come back with !
I need to stop running before I can walk , it wouldn’t let me cancel ( force land ) otherwise I could of made it to the other part of dry land I think.
Thanks

I know you can buy those little float things , to late now , I’m going there with my mate the wkd with our magnets , lol , it’s an old quarry so it does go deep in places , I know it would be useless but would love to get it back

Sorry for your loss, but dont despair!!! The electronics and motors will take more abuse than you think!!!
Get out and find the bird, dry it out and I bet she flies again, the camera might be donald ducked as the sensor isn’t easily accessible for a clean up. Point is if you can find it, it will be salvageable, even if only for spare parts for the next one!!!

1 Like

Thanks mate , I’d just like to have it back regardless as to it being wrecked , Magnets the wkd :man_shrugging:t2::smile:

2 Likes