Drone down lesson learned!

https://youtu.be/e82C1Mx_xGo

Just need to look at that AirData now ;o)

Iā€™m gonna do it in a minute , sorry just only ate , just getting over the trauma ( not much appetite )
:grimacing:

Soon be a new one to play with, worry not ;o)

1 Like

My excess is Ā£50 on my h insurance under photography , I rang them earlier and filed a claim , they said Iā€™ll here within 2 days :man_shrugging:t2: I guess thatā€™s normal , I told the Barclays team I have evidence of it dropping into water they said they only need receipt , which Iā€™ve just about found ( Amazon ) plus they can see the transaction threw my bank if they want to look ,
Edit: I know I was panicking in the moment for sure , I know I made errors threw panick as I always go at around 400 ft high max , Iā€™m dead against going stupidly high as Iā€™ve said many times before but when I looked at my screen it was around 500 ft :flushed: which is a big no no for me , unless I done it and didnā€™t realise it but I was actually bringing it down not up , Iā€™ve admitted man error but one thing for sure it was bouncing around like a gooden and everything possible was calibrated on that today , even the vision sensors ( everything ) so I ask my self the question was it all my fault hmmmm , weā€™re see what the data says , as I donā€™t understand it

1 Like

Think it would have made it back if it had come back in a straight line like you said.

Catch 22 really. You donā€™t want to rely on the auto RTH too much (canā€™t remember last time I used it) but perhaps some proof in the pudding here on ensuring you know how to read the map to get it back in the right direction.

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

You had a lot of low radio signal warnings towards the end of the flight, when your drone still had some altitude.

Were you separated from your drone by tree foliage?

Iā€™ve been over and over it , one of the other reasons I didnā€™t do auto RTH as I had power lines not to far behind me

I was Andy :person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@BadManners thatā€™s were I got confused as I thought it was coming towards me but it was off to the right weā€™re the trees and power lines were , Iā€™m sure it was kinda drifting but Iā€™m not sure .

I could see you were pulling the left stick diagonally towards the end.

Did you have to fight any wind?

1 Like

This is the thing , I could of swore I lowered the altitude when it started to RTH I know I did but it looks like Iā€™ve gained height again I think Airdata shows that , it was bouncing around hence also why I dropped the height as I knew it would kill the battery more fighting the wind ( I think ) everything seem to go so slow but happened so fast :thinking:
Edit: thereā€™s no possible way to cancel force land unless thatā€™s something I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Would anyone on here who knows how to read the flight data maybe know the distance from water to land roughly where I lost it , maybe so when I attempt to fish it Iā€™ll know if to go further out or not so far bit of a needle in a haystack , didnā€™t know if thereā€™s a way to measure just a thought , thanks

1 Like

Download either the csv or the kml they can load into google maps type and you might get to measure from there where abouts from land.

What would that be , many thanks

find a fisherman preferably a carp fisherman to cast over the spot it went down you will have more luck than magnet fishing

Thanks , I have some fishing stuff here any particular skill or reason behind that , maybe a grapple hook either , many thanks

1 Like

The csv is a type of excel file or a position file with co ordinates in. They are at the bottom of the screen in the air data I tried to download them but itā€™s not letting me get them.

2 Likes

Ok many thanks for your help :+1:t2: