Drone down lesson learned!

I didn’t notice on my screen as I was concentrating on trying to get it back , I could hear it but not see it , I was looking up when it was probably down low if that makes sense , thankyou

1 Like

Not really :frowning:

1 Like

Can’t work out then why it’s as mint as when it took off :man_shrugging:t2: does this red in the photo mean anything and thanks for everyone’s help

1 Like

Right yes I understand , I was doing max speed then 2.5 seconds later it landed whichever way it landed :+1:t2:

Drawing more power in sport mode?

1 Like

Ah ok , sorry as I said I can’t read these graphs like you guys , is that normal or should I chuck the battery , as I have no idea on the technical side of this . Thankyou

Its normal, if you look my grab

The voltages/deviations are all well within normal parameters.

Charge it up and look at in the app (battery details) it will confirm this

1 Like

It’s fine :+1:t2:

GIMP error

Thanks Chris I’ll do that , by the way I know I’m a pain and I don’t mean to be hand on but I do appreciate everyone’s input , id be screwed without :pray:t2:

Only kirky can do it :smile: where’s the gimp page , I’ll fill it in a day :scream::smiley:

Might change my username :point_up:t2:

I honestly wouldn’t worry, that is not a ‘crash’ by my standards :wink:

Where :person_shrugging:

It was here :thinking:

But that doesn’t load for me now.

One sec I’ll try & get it back , I was just looking inside the fly app , it went from 25 mph too 7 mph in split second as Chris mentioned ( negative 15 foot odd ) I’m not the kinda of person to blame poor work man ship on his tools but the altitude was incorrect meaning I thought I was higher then crashed or stop where it’s was , I was going to screen record it and share it here , it’s very confusing :man_shrugging:t2:

Bloody hell it’s disappeared when I logged out any idea how I retrieve it , it says no logs and in files were it told me to try I get this jargon

What the heck :grimacing:

https://youtu.be/eF6RhV9I1V4

It comes down about 20 foot a second never known it , wind pushing it maybe

It’s simple Operator error mate, you relied on your controller and I cannot believe I’m saying this but not VLOS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sport mode turns off sensors but your downward infrared sensor are on so the incline of the hill back surprised the bird and it went into panic mode as it’s downward infrared sensor kicked in and saved the day as it was a incline not a side of a mountain otherwise dead bird, I presume your flying back upto the ridgeway carpark?

Lucky it was so close and open ground as I did something similar 5 years ago, it was 600ft from main road and thought it be a doddle 3 hrs it took to get to the location a steep climb up a muddy fields and cliff and got there and knew it was a lost with the terrain, it took me 20 mins to get back down running and rolling :rofl:

1 Like

@ziceman ahhhh mate , panick set in I thought here we go again :scream: couldn’t find it at first it took me to the road ( where it was not ) , I had all sorts of crap going threw my head as you can imagine with a stress ocd head :smiley:
However took a breath in the rain and started the find my drone again within the app and how spot on its is , there it was beeping , holiding my breath as I nearer to expect a write off “ Nothing not a blemish “ :man_shrugging:t2: took it to the back of my motor inspected thoroughly wiped it down checked the blades and gimbal checked everything put a fresh battery in and Perfect could not get my head around it , the data I shared earlier which when I logged out I must of some how deleted it although with the good help of the guys on here which I praise for there help immensely and I’m no expert btw when looking back at the last bit it recorded when it came down and too add the clip from within the app , what I can’t get my head around as stated already in the live feed I see it hurtling towards the ground towards long grass but found it in short grass as per picture above , I’m wondering if the long grass slowed it down and softened the impact , so cut a long story short and sorry for the long typo , is the video don’t tally with the going from 25mph or so ( and strong winds btw ) to an abrupt stop with not a mark on it !
Another lesson to try and learn by and lucky there was plenty of battery left to track it ! I was just about to give up after walking through stinging nettles up to my knees and I’m wearing shorts :cold_face::smiley: there still stinging now :hot_face: and that was 12 hours ago.
I think from now on when I want to go that bit further to my POI , which where I TOAL’D from was the safest way my thoughts are attach a small tracker with Velcro just incase I run out of battery , all my flights recent have been quite close VLOS so to speak give or take , so I was very lucky indeed , as I’ve been toying recent weather to get the mavic 3 which ever one it be I need to sharpen up on my way about things as that would seriously do my nut in god forbid :pray:t2:
Thanks mark
Edit yes on my way back to the ridgeway