Drone down lesson learned!

Your lucky with the gradual incline soft landing of nettles :rofl:

Sports mode in that scenario been the same result.

I did exactly the same on the advice of @ianinlondon when I seen his video many years ago before this site was up and running to use a tracker device on my drones.

If you remember the 7 Pā€™s then you be much better in life ( my kids hate me saying this everytime to them) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

mate my legs still itching :smiley: drones laughing at me ! Plus whoever :joy:

The 7 p,s you got me there :face_with_monocle: not heard that one or maybe I have but my brain donā€™t work like it used too :bowing_man:t2::smiley:

We are over 5 years old ;o)

Google is my best friend :smiley: Never heard of it Have now

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wifey hates it also :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Used it last in KFC when I got to the counter said only fries and drinks available as the manger has taken the store key with her :scream:

Iā€™ll remember that one , you need to update Google it lied too me !

Itā€™s called the seven Ps of marketing and includes product, price, promotion, place, people, process, and physical evidence . :joy::joy::joy:

Its generally known as the 6 pā€™s

If you do not, it will be a [total failure]
I can relate that Amen

1 Like

What an awesome bit of kit.
Tempted, but thereā€™s only so many videos of shopping trolleys and old bikes I can take before it gets boring!

Not when I was getting educated in the army :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry to read all this guysā€¦ @Kirky this reminds me of my very first crash down over dover. I panicked and over-rode the auto RTH and ended up making it fly much further than it needed to, and eventually lost it down in the jungle down there. Never did find it.
I would disagree with you @firstadekit :grinning: Auto RTH generally knows more than you do when youā€™re panicking, lost or confused, which you generally are, even if you donā€™t know it, as your battery level is going critical and youā€™re still hundreds of metres away! :slight_smile: Itā€™s never bad to trust it, at least for the first few seconds as it gets itā€™s bearings and starts its journey home.

@Kirky
Here I am all young and innocentā€¦

4 Likes

And just to show you that sometimes we still make mistakesā€¦ This weekā€¦
New vid coming tonight or tomorrow:

Great video that @ianinlondon one thing you mentioned about it landing and taking back off ,
If you look at the short video of when it landed it was in long grass ,but when I recovered it , it was in a different part of the field short grass and the photo clearly shows that , Iā€™m no forensic but Iā€™ve compared the two spots over and over again and I canā€™t work it out !

That may have been it determining the long grass wasnā€™t suitable for landing then moving on a bit. I might do some testing on that. When I get my drone back from repairā€¦ :wink:

Many thanks I did wonder if it didnā€™t like it and tried to move on a bit and or with the grass wrapped around the props and motors when found , maybe it tried to take off again but the long grass obscuring it wrapped around it on trying to lift off , causing it to come down in the other part of the field , I guess itā€™s a case Iā€™ll never know but it could have been worse , sounds daft but due to another misfortune I had prior with another drone in September which I never see again , on this occasion I was more worried why it wasnā€™t a right off :thinking: but obviously relieved , I guess i felt that way having been there before.

Share the Airdata, it will tell us what happened

1 Like

I put the Airdata on here the other day when the guys kindly done there analysis but then I removed it when job was complete ,
Went back into Airdata that same night when you mentioned it to pingspike to try and retrieve it but itā€™s not there :thinking: so , last night whilst I was p## board I tried to retrieve it again for you and pingspike to see as

But I canā€™t seem to get it back , itā€™s all there still within the fly app but when I try to sync with Airdata it says no new files found :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit when I log in on desktop it says something about archives

Manually upload the logs

Sorry Wayne how ?
I might have already tried that , can you kindly point me in the right direction if and when you get a minute or would you like me to share my Airdata account with you through private message , ?

@Sparkyws ive done it