Drones on TV

When Google earth first launched, someone used it for a presentation of the companies global offices, “flying” from one to the next with full zoom effects. All of us asked them to stop after a few minutes, bloody awful feeling.

2 Likes

Green Planet, earlier on BBC … not only a lot of drone shots, unsurprisingly, but also a drone crash, in the “how they did it bit” at the end.

Did the credits mention who the pilot was?

1 Like
1 Like

That wasn’t this evening’s.

This was this evening’s …

1 Like

Jack Delf.

Ta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ski Sunday last night 46 m 3 seconds looks like a DJI FPV, blink and you’ll miss it :call_me_hand:

I’ve just watched this on Amazon Prime.

It saddens me to think that the UK is so backward thinking compared to other countries views on drones and how to innovate the technology.

Most of the documentary is in Swedish but you can select English subtitles.

2 Likes

I do broadcast graphics for a living, and did the maps for this programme being shown tonight on BBC 2. LOTS of beautiful drone footage for you to feast your eyes on, and footie player Paul Merson talking about his life whilst walking through some great scenery.
I wish I could claim to have shot the drone footage!

4 Likes

Some stunning drone footage.

Moved your post over to this general thread.

There’s barely a TV program without drones in it somewhere, these days.

Even on Emerdale, apparently.

2 Likes

Cheers.
You’re right - drones have totally changed the face of program making.

Cy Chadwick, the guy who made this actually used to be in Emmerdale, but left 20 odd years ago and has since worked behind the camera making various TV programs.

1 Like

Yep…its becoming a cliche these days…

@StuBot

feast your eyes on, and footie player Paul Merson talking about his life whilst walking through some great scenery.

Just watched the programme on iPlayer. Like you say great footage and views of the Yorshire dales. :+1:t2: Interesting insight into overcoming a tortured soul.

Watching him fall over was pretty funny too!

@StuBot

Watching him fall over was pretty funny too!

Or did he take a dive? :wink: :rofl:

Eurovision - Each song is interspersed by drone footage of Italian landmarks, with some kind of drone CGIed into the video :+1:

2 Likes

No idea about the drone itself but some cracking footage from the actuals one :smiley:

1 Like

Has anyone got footage?