Drones on TV

The reason I think they are getting used more is that its cheaper now than ever, with the amount of companies out there working in that industry I have seen in all departments people will nearly work for nothing to get a foot in the door! What really happens is line producers, production managers just go to a new one everytime with the promise of using them again ,thus keeping the cost down! I have seen some right cowboys making a right mess of things i can tell you :roll_eyes:
oh and a few crashed drones

1 Like

If DJI’s own pilots can crash their own drones into a rally car on world TV coverage … anyone can.

yeh they dont start one up about a foot away from a wall tho :grinning:

At least the wall won’t be doing 80mph as it flies off a jump.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo5gScJ-IU8

2 Likes

dont get me wrong there are some great arial photography companies out there i have watched some really clever flying

And, luckily, some excellent directors that don’t over use the new gadget. :+1: :wink:

1 Like

I like the directors that know what they want and get on with it not shoot enough to make a feature film out of an episode lol

Not TV but I know for one I won’t be bothering with it.
I blame @Imleon for sending me this link.
No doubt the stupid people will add this to their hate list while hunting us with their pitchforks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMNcLHsk_c&feature=youtu.be

BTW, it’s not real :wink:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Brilliant. There’s some clever people out there.

That did it for me :grinning:

I would go see the entire movie :joy:

LOL some kind of marketing ploy for DJI ??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Watched this last night in bbc and it’s got a lot of absolutely amazingly beautiful drone footage in it. Deff worth a look

Earth’s Great Rivers, Series 1: 3. Mississippi:

1 Like

I popped your post over to here … since the Amazon one had already been mentioned here.

It was a brilliant series … a shame they only did 3 rivers … hopefully they continue with the series at some point. The Rhine, Danube, Yangtze, Ganges, Volga, etc.

More drones on TV - this time in the new BBC series “Cities : Nature’s New Wild” - Sunday 9pm.

Some absolutely stunning racing drone video on Ski Sunday, a few minutes ago, of some totally crazy steep/fast skiing!

In case anybody’s interested, there’s also a series on Channel 4 at the moment called Hidden Britain by Drone presented by Tony Robinson. Some great shots and quite interesting also, they have used a couple of different models which I’m not sure of but I’m fairly sure the main two he’s using are Inspires.

Finally got round to watching “ The Prosecuters “ credit where credit is due. Not a bad pilot considering he managed to fly the drone to a window “WITHOUT A CAMERA” on the drone… must have been flying off the GPS map or something… I dont think he would have been he was LOS all the time…