Drones on TV

Another great Series to look at for stunning Drone footage is the Simon Reeves “Around the Mediterranean” and loads of others he has done.
Available on BBC Iplayer Catch Up TV.

An Inspire on Blue Plant Live, atm. BBC1.

More a case of “Drones not on TV”.

Watching “Supermarket Secrets” from earlier … and a Cessna was being used to survey fields of lettuce.

Seems like an expensive way to do it with drones more than capable of achieving this.

Earlier this evening on ITV’s “Her Majesty’s Cavalry” …

The current BBC series, The Equator from the Air is a pretty interesting series in itself, and “from the air” isn’t restricted to drones.
But the conservational use of drones in this series must be good press!
The recent (Pacific) episode had inspires, MPs, and something a bit smaller than a DC3 Dakota …

… and, of course, drones are a TV producer’s necessity for creating the actual program … and taking great shots.

1 Like

Just watching now the above programme on BBC 2 where I have seen Mavic pro being used for scientific purposes. I hope that the haters see these kind of programmes and see us differently.
It may be on The bbc Player later I think

Just moved your post to a thread that already mentioned this. :wink:

There’s been several drones in each of the three episodes, so far.

“The SnotBot” was good, in the second ep, I think, catching the blow-hole spray from whales. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, ok Dave. Didn’t notice that before. Sorry for repeating

1 Like

Not a problem. That’s what I’m here for. :wink:

Not really “repeating” … just “adding”. :+1:

1 Like

It was in Episode 1 - the SnotBot drones …

… and collecting whale snot …

Last evening’s The Equator from the Air had more drones … and some fails (tech and pilot) that were rather entertaining.

This rather impressive drone with an IR camera failed to downlink the video … but it was pretty … and did find the orangutans it was looking for!

A Phantom looking for crocodile nests …

And, embarrassingly allowing your maiden flight, and two attempts, to be caught on camera …

Cricket yesterday had pictures from a drone. They actually mentioned it and showed it hovering not far from a stand.

1 Like

Moved your post to the generic thread. :wink:

So they can film a drone at a cricket event, but not at Gatwick when the worlds media are parked outside scanning the skies?

:roll_eyes:

BBC, double standard lying bastards

2 Likes

Just watched the report on Waley bridge dam. You can see a drone being used to inspect the damage.:+1:

Moved your post over to this rather generic thread … or we’d end up with about 200 threads a day they are so prevalent on TV these days. :wink:

1 Like

Steve Backshall has a series that, confusingly, seemed to start on BBC2 but now seems to have migrated over to Dave where it’s called Expedition with Steve Backshall.

The irritating thing with all these programmes is the false jeopardy, of course, but there are some excellent drone shots and they were using the drone to find out where the river went after they became grounded the other day.

1 Like

I recall seeing that when it was originally aired a year or so ago.

Currently on BBC2 - “Britain’s Next Air Disaster … Drones!”