Drones on TV

Pretty much guarantee it :smiley:

we have a company out on a commercial tomorrow with an Alta 8
can’t say what the commercial is because of a NDA but will try to get a couple of pics of the drone
away from the filming

3 Likes

Ok who else will admit to seeing an inspire beeing used during a police operation on Emerdale. It’s a shame they had to put a fake video glitch in the drone footage.

I saw it, complete with yellow and blue stripping :rofl::laughing:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If it was an Inspire 1 running the v01.11.01.50 firmware, it probably wasn’t a fake video feed glitch :rofl:

it looked like an inspire 2.

2 Likes

I also saw an Inspire 2

1 Like

If you saw @PingSpike’s Inspire on TV, you wouldn’t know what it was … Inspire v57.varieties. :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

You should name your Inspire Bertie
As in Bertie Basset
Allsorts

1 Like

Some interesting drone work in last evening’s “Murder 24/7” on BBC2 … quite low, and down a main street in Colchester.

I wonder if the cars were “under the control” of the pilot, or his extended team?

2 Likes

Just flicking through the channels and came across the Smithsonian Channel (didn’t even know it was a thing) which is showing ‘Aerial Britain’.

Judging by the cars it’s not all that old. Some nice footage, but it’s a bit spoiled for me because all I keep thinking is “Holy ****, these guys must have a seriously thick OSC in their back pocket!”. Turned it on just as they were taking a spin down Blackpool Promenade (at night, rammed full of people) before casually swooping across the crowded pier at about 100ft. Then off to Liverpool for a look down Penny Lane.

2 Likes

There’s also the American version, again very cool.

2 Likes

Is it me or is 80% of the drone footage being used by the BBC and ITV at the moment badly executed and of poor quality.

2 Likes

ok so have watched 2 bulletins this week on BBC news where they have used an Inspire to film the reporter at height.
Anyone else watched one was Blackpool Tower, the other at Spurs,
Is it me or was the footage poor quality, and the craft moving slightly erraticly or unstably, and not to smooth.
Having seen footage of numerous of us on here do I just have high standards. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Just watched this too , wasn’t the best was it :unamused:
And not sure if was supposed to be in the main camera shot. Lol

1 Like

Somebody made the same observation a few months back… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I admit, I have seen a few bits on the telly box recently with drone footage where it’s looked fairly amateur. The standouts for me are the first or last few seconds where they haven’t edited out the start and end of the manoeuvre and you get that glimpse of positioning movements. I am guilty of the same on occasion, usually when I’ve been impatient. That or a sudden angle change in the middle of a long, straight flight (which I’m also guilty of and is also usually when I’ve been impatient).

I guess it’s going to be down to the usual thing of technology and budgets not quite matching up. They’ve got the cash for a fleet of Inspires, but not to pay experienced pilots. So the drones are handed to the camera operators already on staff who have spent years learning their craft, but don’t have the time to go out and learn how to fly this new camera they’ve been given?

Either that or they’re sticking to a trusted list of freelancers who they know can use a camera, but have recently branched out into flying cameras and have the same problem?

4 Likes

Some of the drone shots the BBC uses aren’t bad though, eh? :wink:

https://greyarro.ws/t/good-work-mcsteamy2010/20117?u=joec

3 Likes

Ah well… there are exceptions :innocent::rofl:

3 Likes

What pi$$es me off is they get the work how!!

3 Likes