Early Morning Tower Crane

Got up very early on the Bank Holiday morning for this. I hope you like it. Please leave a thumbs up and a comment.

https://youtu.be/UI_qri-qzBA

4 Likes

You wanted a comment? Not Drone police but I would not put that on YouTube for all too see if you know what I mean :+1:
Or Mr Mclaren

1 Like

Mmmm a bit of self incrimination there good video though

1 Like

Oh yes it sure is very creative to be honest and no harm done :+1:

1 Like

Me like.

I have a friend who climbed it a few weeks back , that’s not on YouTube either (anymore)

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciated.

2 Likes

@milkmanchris @Grant.whb @Mungmeister
Could you guys let me know what I did wrong? As far as I’m aware, I stuck to the drone code, never flew near or above any buildings or people and the drone was in VLOS at all times. Just curious and of course, still learning.

1 Like

A congested area means, ‘in relation to a city, town or settlement, any area which is substantially used for residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes’.

50m separation
do not fly within 50m people vehicles vessels structures

Just to name 2
People do get picked out of the crowd now the Regulations are getting tighter just a bit of friendly advice the caa and police do search through YouTube and other platforms and do prosecute :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Lesson learned.
One more question. From what you have quoted there is no way of getting videos of any built up area - even by taking off, e.g. in a park (assuming it was empty) or other such ‘empty’ area? I only ask because you see so many photos and videos that have obviously been taken in cities/towns. Are all of these illegal, or at least outside of the rules?
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

It’s from the caa website air navigation order cap 722 if you gain a pfco you are entitled to fly and take of with permission down to a 30m radius and over fly in a congested area just trying to help people enjoy flying drones and not get fined

1 Like

Much appreciated and I am trying to stay within the letter of the law (probably why all the questions lol).
I have read that a pfco will not be needed (at least for commercial purposes) later in the year. Do you know if this will mean that the ‘30m radius and over fly in a congested area’ rules will change as well?

1 Like

There are loads videos online of people breaking the rules - even one Drone School with certified examiners etc has a video on their Instagram taken in a prohibited area. Not exactly a good example lol

2 Likes

From what I have understood (probs wrongly)
The PfCO will be obsolete soon.

Can you still see the video? I made it ‘private’ on YT last night, which I thought that people would not be able to see it.

All the regulations are changing in November when we adopt the EASA even I’m not understanding them full yet it’s a complicated set of regulations if you find mr mpw on YouTube he’s from a fond trading company calls UAVhub he’s done hundreds of vids about regulations and explaining them

1 Like

No - I can’t see it.

I can see the still though on your post.

1 Like

Thank you (for ALL your help). I will check him out.

Here’s how it looks to me :arrow_up:
It doesn’t play though.

Funny that the ‘old bill’ can’t Come to a robbery or burglary! Probably because they’re all playing on YouTube and twitter trying to catch ‘trolls’

I

Should I remove it from the post, do you think?

We are not the drone police or fun sponges (or most are not), see the following it will give you clues as to what is a built up area.

I also make sure any ‘iffy’ videos on youtube are ‘unlisted’ and then you can share the links here ;o)

2 Likes