EASA and the UK!

Lets hope a portable device will be made available to be fitted to our drones before then !.
If each drone has to have a unique identification then could be an expensive year for me !.

2 Likes

Yes, feels like that deserves a bit more attention!

Another non policable thing to throw at us

6 Likes

Don’t most DJI drones have this now anyway?

2 Likes

Really?

Yes, even the old Mavic Pro on modern firmware.

More here: Anatomy of DJI Drone ID Implementation (re: AeroScope)

So conclusion is then…?

Any drone without airsafe is going to be a toy/plaything after 2022?

So I suppose the next question is - which drones already have Airsafe?

The whole idea of broadcasting data and flights etc is small fry compared to what already gets broadcasted from a smart phone.

The whole Information Super Highway has been hacked since that Slimey thing called Mark Zuckerberg got his greasy little mitts into people’s brains!

Did anyone see The Great Hack? Explains how people’s minds, their ‘Forum internum’ Has been manipulated using the 5000 data points they have on every single user of Facebook and how that data can control what decisions you make - things like voting for mass suicide aka Brexit - lol…

All done using semiotics and addiction.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that they are not going to allow retrofit of airsafe…?

I read that from June 2022 to retrofit such a device to your existing drones. These devices are expected to be very lightweight (less than 10gms) and relatively affordable (less than £20)

2 Likes

Yup, except January 2022:

While the sections of the DR relating to Class C1, C2 and C3 unmanned aircraft already
describes requirements for these types to be fitted with a ‘direct remote identification’ system, the
IR amendment has now added a requirement from 1 January 2022 that operators must ensure
that each individual unmanned aircraft is installed with an active and up to date remote
identification system. If the unmanned aircraft is not fitted with such a system, details of the
requirements for a direct remote identification ‘add-on’ (for separate purchase) are contained in
Part 6 of the DR.

FFS grow up,pathetic comment… :wink: :wink:

5 Likes

Its just a tongue in cheek stuff… :slight_smile:

I was feeling suicidal, so I voted leave.

2 Likes

LOL,I forgot the wink smiley,whatever you did or did not vote for,i’m sure you are a nice guy,i should have worded that differently,peace… :innocent: :smile: :+1: :+1: :rofl:

3 Likes

:pray:t2:

I’m autistic so everything I say is usually considered pathetic in one way or another. It’s something I get used to. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Not when it comes to drones,your right up there(excuse the pun) with the best of the best on here!
keep posting and keep flying,well when this stupid virus thing finally comes to an end!!! :wink: :wink: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Ian do you think that will be acceptable? I did not like the bit about 3rd party addons being available by jan 2022

Thank You!! :smiley:

1 Like

Even after any air sense device is fitted we still need the DJI drones classified, and marked as so by the producer. So as it stands all DJI drones will be classed as legacy after 2022, and will only be fit to fly into the A3 category.

Maybe the MM could be the exception as now the MTOM has been removed.

1 Like

I ran out of time for the edit before I could finish…

Maybe the MM could be the exception as now the MTOM has been removed. So when used without the prop guards and stickers it’s falls into A1, C0 (not a toy ) with a camera fitted. But again I’m not sure because it does require registering, thus it may need to be marked as C0 by the producer.

1 Like

Which opens up a whole new market of customers then seeking the latest new and approved / classified drones.

Drone manufacturers aren’t daft, they saw the dollar signs on this one years ago :rofl:

5 Likes