Emax complete kit or my mix?

Need any help you know where to find us, plenty of people here own and have moded the Emax Tinyhawk freestyle 1 and 2’s :+1:t2: we’re always here to help :+1:t2:

1 Like

@DeanoG60 yes I would have ended up with the kit emax put together for £140 if I never asked here, my kit might still be basic but a wee bit more I hopefully can do for a bit longer.

I’m going to concentrate on using a SIM for a while first before actually being foolish. I’ve smashed a mavic a repair job and also lost a Mavic in the last as I’ve been foolish in the past :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On top of all this wifey calls me saying car has a flat battery and off course sitting right flat bang in the middle of town on a one way system :scream::scream::scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks and no doubt your hear alot more from me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Doh :man_facepalming:t2: lol some great guys here with vast knowledge so you’re in good hands.

As for a sim that’s a wise move :ok_hand:t2: I used velocidrone but I’ve heard good reports about Lift Off as well so check both of them out. Think they are a few quid each :+1:t2:

1 Like

I use LiftOff and Velicodrone. Velicidrone is a little harder to fly (and perhaps a touch more realistic as a result), but seems more geared toward drone racing circuits and doesn’t have such nice maps to explore and practice freestyle in as LiftOff. Get both! :crazy_face:

Just catching up on this thread - looks like you have a good selection of bits and pieces on their way. I got into this toward the end of last year (FPV drones - also got into RC planes just over a year ago) so am a few months further down the road, but loving every minute of it :+1: I started out with similar kit and have inevitably ended up with the same higher-end kit that most people do - TX16S transmitter with 3rd party long range module, OLED goggles, high-end video transmitters and so on. Beware!!

2 Likes

Thanks Jason,

I will try both Sims, I have fpv drone and transmitter next few days and hopefully in next 15 days goggles.

Wow I’m going to avoid RC Planes not even watch a YouTube video as my fingers be tapping the bank card again :scream:

Did look at the TX16S transmitter but it looked daunting :grimacing:

I seen videos on FPV drones and thought it was amazing fun but I thought I have to start soldering building one from scratch then there was these big transmitter’s with loads of switches :scream: I just about manage a Xbox controller for simple games :roll_eyes:

Just buying this kit I’m buzzing as I can try it and also see the inners of it close up , already bought magnifying goggles to be see to start soldering, got basic soldering irons but will be asking here for recommendations for a suitable soldering iron because if I fuff up I will blame it on my cheap one :sunglasses:

1 Like

Soldering Iron, you can’t go wrong with a TS100 you’ll need a Lipo battery with an XT60 to power it or if you’ve got an old laptop charger that fits it that will work too :+1:t2:

It’s small and because its powered by an XT60 Lipo you can use it in the field for field repairs :ok_hand:t2:

Also check out this thread Cheap Lock Down Quad lost of posts about the upgrades that myself @Steviegeek and @notveryprettyboy have done to our Tinyhawks for after you have gotten used to flying it and feel like upgrading it yourself. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Here’s my lowdown on the TS100 soldering
Read down the thread, there’s more information as you read :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here’s my controller. A tango 2. They’re not cheap though, but nice and small and easy switches

2 Likes

Hobbyrc out of stock but got one in the basket at unmannedtechshop.co.uk

I definitely have laptop charger for it. But what lipo do I go for at same unmannedtechshop please as I’m unsure even a simple battery sorry.

I will definitely bookmark and read “cheap lock down quad” page.

Thanks

1 Like

If this is just for the soldering iron go for a 4S 2200mAHr any C rating will do
That size will keep you soldering all day🙂

Bonus is it will be good for your goggles, put it in your pocket with a long lead, keep you ‘goggling’ all day
Just be careful not to fall over with it in your pocket :tired_face:

2 Likes

The ev800d only takes a 3s as an external battery. If the internal 2s is low on power :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Steviegeek your blinky quick I was just editing my last post to apologize to you and will look at your links as at time I’m bouncing off websites to buy one and using phone don’t see new posts and by time I finish this one I have more people to thank :rofl::rofl::rofl: much appreciated. :+1:

@notveryprettyboy that looks smart and my type of thing, atm I have a Jumper T-Lite Transmitter (4in1) arriving so hopefully be ok.:+1:

2 Likes

Im confused again :scream::scream::scream: 4s 2s 3s :scream::scream::scream: are you saying I’ve got to get more batteries for the ev800d as I thought built in usb charge or something like that.

Can you also recommend good headache tablets to take away the pain and please do not give me more numbers as long as they kill the nut pain :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:laughing: You’re ok. The ev800d has a 2s lipo built in

2 Likes

Use a 3S version of what I suggested it will still be good for the soldering iron

2 Likes

Unfortunately UnmannedTech are out of stock of the 3s lipo you’d need but HobbyRC have them in stock :+1:t2:

2200mah 3s Lipo with an XT60 Connector

2 Likes

Unmannedtech have this or is it to 400 mAh to much

Was just trying to get them together otherwise I will go for your link @DeanoG60 thanks

Thats good it’s just a bit bigger and will last longer :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s 4s so you won’t be able to use it with your goggles but will be perfect for the soldering iron. But to be honest for now the 2s battery that’s built into the goggles will be fine :+1:t2:

Also just noticed it’s a Li-on pack not a lipo but should still be good :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great thanks Steve just ordering. :+1:

Wow that’s was not so bad folks :sunglasses::rofl::rofl::+1:

Oh shucks forgot I’ve got to do some reading on the links provided :nerd_face: