Emax complete kit or my mix?

You can set a throttle limit / scale in betaflight. The software thats in it. That way you can simulate a 1s with a 2s battery. It’s dead easy to do.

2 Likes

Factor in Chinese new year in too.

1 Like

Thanks Karl that’s reassuring as computers and programs I’m ok on :+1:

I will wait and see what comes in the box.

Would what I asked work, taking connection of a battery and make a loop wiring and plug in ?

1 Like

Yes, there’s loads of ways to do the same thing. Most of us have fitted an XT30 connector to the quad and bought batteries with XT30’s fitted or soldered them on our selves. Much better connector than those silly little JST things :grinning:

3 Likes

As Steve says, yes.
Bit of a waste of 6 quid though

2 Likes

Jam some tin foil in here…

2 Likes

That link you posted is the Emax Tinyhawk freestyle 1 so you’re all good that will come with the jumper plug in the box. For some reason Emax removed it for some reason in the newer model no idea why…

Omg :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: stupid plonker badge again for me as it was the newer version I was after :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: i was after freestyle 2 after watching and reading reviews,

I was going to get it from HobbyRC but thought I was getting a deal with banggood :pleading_face:

I’ve never used banggood before can I cancel if it’s still in processing.

EDIT: CANCELLED AND NOW ORDERING FROM DRONERC. PHEWWWW

only for you lot keeping me straight and giving time to reply this mistake by me would never been noticed, I honestly been pissed and ruined the enjoyiment even thou it probably be smashed or lost in minutes :rofl::joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Glad that its sorted mate :ok_hand:t2:

Now that you’re getting the Tinyhawk freestyle 2 that won’t come with the jumper plug for 1s so you can either bridge it with tinfoil like Karl suggested.

Or you can scale your throttle back in betaflight.

Heres one of Joshua bardwell’s videos (if you’re getting into FPV his channel will be a valuable source of information for you :+1:t2:)

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy batteries are only £3:36 :+1:

Ordered the right one and comes with bag of bits🙄

@DeanoG60 thanks just subscribed :+1:

2 Likes

Need any help you know where to find us, plenty of people here own and have moded the Emax Tinyhawk freestyle 1 and 2’s :+1:t2: we’re always here to help :+1:t2:

1 Like

@DeanoG60 yes I would have ended up with the kit emax put together for £140 if I never asked here, my kit might still be basic but a wee bit more I hopefully can do for a bit longer.

I’m going to concentrate on using a SIM for a while first before actually being foolish. I’ve smashed a mavic a repair job and also lost a Mavic in the last as I’ve been foolish in the past :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On top of all this wifey calls me saying car has a flat battery and off course sitting right flat bang in the middle of town on a one way system :scream::scream::scream::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks and no doubt your hear alot more from me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Doh :man_facepalming:t2: lol some great guys here with vast knowledge so you’re in good hands.

As for a sim that’s a wise move :ok_hand:t2: I used velocidrone but I’ve heard good reports about Lift Off as well so check both of them out. Think they are a few quid each :+1:t2:

1 Like

I use LiftOff and Velicodrone. Velicidrone is a little harder to fly (and perhaps a touch more realistic as a result), but seems more geared toward drone racing circuits and doesn’t have such nice maps to explore and practice freestyle in as LiftOff. Get both! :crazy_face:

Just catching up on this thread - looks like you have a good selection of bits and pieces on their way. I got into this toward the end of last year (FPV drones - also got into RC planes just over a year ago) so am a few months further down the road, but loving every minute of it :+1: I started out with similar kit and have inevitably ended up with the same higher-end kit that most people do - TX16S transmitter with 3rd party long range module, OLED goggles, high-end video transmitters and so on. Beware!!

2 Likes

Thanks Jason,

I will try both Sims, I have fpv drone and transmitter next few days and hopefully in next 15 days goggles.

Wow I’m going to avoid RC Planes not even watch a YouTube video as my fingers be tapping the bank card again :scream:

Did look at the TX16S transmitter but it looked daunting :grimacing:

I seen videos on FPV drones and thought it was amazing fun but I thought I have to start soldering building one from scratch then there was these big transmitter’s with loads of switches :scream: I just about manage a Xbox controller for simple games :roll_eyes:

Just buying this kit I’m buzzing as I can try it and also see the inners of it close up , already bought magnifying goggles to be see to start soldering, got basic soldering irons but will be asking here for recommendations for a suitable soldering iron because if I fuff up I will blame it on my cheap one :sunglasses:

1 Like

Soldering Iron, you can’t go wrong with a TS100 you’ll need a Lipo battery with an XT60 to power it or if you’ve got an old laptop charger that fits it that will work too :+1:t2:

It’s small and because its powered by an XT60 Lipo you can use it in the field for field repairs :ok_hand:t2:

Also check out this thread Cheap Lock Down Quad lost of posts about the upgrades that myself @Steviegeek and @notveryprettyboy have done to our Tinyhawks for after you have gotten used to flying it and feel like upgrading it yourself. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Here’s my lowdown on the TS100 soldering
Read down the thread, there’s more information as you read :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here’s my controller. A tango 2. They’re not cheap though, but nice and small and easy switches

2 Likes

Hobbyrc out of stock but got one in the basket at unmannedtechshop.co.uk

I definitely have laptop charger for it. But what lipo do I go for at same unmannedtechshop please as I’m unsure even a simple battery sorry.

I will definitely bookmark and read “cheap lock down quad” page.

Thanks

1 Like

If this is just for the soldering iron go for a 4S 2200mAHr any C rating will do
That size will keep you soldering all day🙂

Bonus is it will be good for your goggles, put it in your pocket with a long lead, keep you ‘goggling’ all day
Just be careful not to fall over with it in your pocket :tired_face:

2 Likes