Emax complete kit or my mix?

Also, it’s been mentioned above but just in case it was missed, it’s worth repeating again… Unlike a computer game, or a (I imagine, I’ve not used one) Mavic-style camera drone, or even an FPV drone in angle mode (avoid this), you do not have to hold the stick forward to move forwards. This is a pretty big departure from almost everything else that you might be used to, especially if you’ve ever played any computer games.

At first, the instinct is to move and hold the stick slightly forwards to move forwards slowly - this will just make the quad roll over and crash. That concept of the stick being used to adjust the angle of the quad, not to directly move it, took me a while to get my head around. Small nudge, then back to centre :+1:

3 Likes

That is awesome advice :ok_hand:t2:

Just bought an Emax Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle.
:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Mines still in its lovely case :flushed: if you manage to fly it before me I will die :joy::joy::joy:

I could not understand why I was crashing as soon as I got 2 feet off the ground, thought it was my laptop not upto the job and slow reacting to controller and this was my problem because no way I could be this bad so bought a gaming 4k laptop and yea graphics much better and faster but still a twonker then I seen it automatically selects Acro :scream::scream::scream::flushed::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: changed and followed advice here just up and down stick for a while then right stick and going forward :metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal::metal: then able to roll left and right, started to now get some of the simple tasks harder going through buildings and takes me a while getting all correct on the sticks but I’m getting there. Then acro mode :scream::scream::scream:.

It’s getting time as other commitments and family. :slightly_frowning_face:

Goodluck Steve as no yellow grass has grew under your feet :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Lol
No Yellow grass…:joy::joy::joy:
Excellent pal.
Yeah I figured I should have a play on a little 2.5 before I destroy the DJI. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:
It will be out flying in the garden this week. I’m due delivery Tuesday. Got some spare batteries coming so I can keep it up in the air for a while.
Let’s hope we both make it into the air and don’t kill them too much in the process.

:facepunch:

Edit…
Not sure if you have a 3d printer but I found these while I was having a look around.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADPIVMvc4Ohl5MA&id=AFCADDA6108E8B7!8120&cid=0AFCADDA6108E8B7

Above is where you will find 3d printer.stl or .gcode files for an on board battery box with antenna support and also it has an attachment for he insta360 go camera.

If you haven’t got a 3D printer let me know if you want any and I’ll print them up for you.
I’ve just set my printer going. God job I live alone.

:hear_no_evil:

5 Likes

Another good thread all about the emax tinyhawk is this one:

Cheap Lock Down Quad

Fair few of us have made modifications to ours to improve on things like range video quality in the goggles ect ect. @Steviegeek has even fitted his with a GPS module lol

But don’t run before you can walk. :+1:t2:

Oh but one thing I do recommend you guys do is secure your antennas as the mounting of both the video antenna and the spi receiver antenna out of the box is pretty poor and it won’t be long before they end up getting chopped by the props.

Video Antenna is best to just get a small zip tie and zip tie it to the frame to stop it flapping about.

The receiver antenna is a little more tricky, I used a small zip tie and some shrink tube. But I appreciate that you probably haven’t got shrink tube. So maybe just tape it to the zip tie.

Bit like this but yours will be smaller than that and instead of shrink tube just use some tape.

Just to keep the receiver antenna out of the way of the props. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.

:roll_eyes: I have shrink tube, I use it cover the soldered part of cable repairs when we have rodent damage.

Thanks Dean.

1 Like