Emax Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle

It’s just one of those days. Had to work late, so I didn’t get to my FPV site until nearly 6pm. Walked from the carpark to the site, unpacked, only to find my controller battery was dead :man_facepalming: I played the sim last night for over an hour, and thought because it was connected to the PC, it would be charging. Evidently not :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Walked back to the car park, had to do a 3 point turn, reversed straight into a 1m high metal 2x2" post, creasing both my bumper, and boot in 2 places down to bare metal :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I drove home, inspected the damage, cleaned it up and touched it up with black paint, so I can hopefully forget about it for next 7 months until I can be arsed to get it fixed :unamused:

So now as well as having to upgrade your controller to one with a better battery life you also have to repair your car too :grimacing: See this is how fpv becomes so expensive

The controller has 2 of my Sony 18650 batteries in, should be plenty. Will put it on charge tonight and see how it fares tomorrow. Gutted about the car though. I will be having random internal cringe moments for the next few weeks :persevere:

1 Like

Lol just kidding about the controller mate :rofl:
Yeah that is gutting about the car :man_facepalming: Hope its not as bad as you think :crossed_fingers:t2:

Check if that controller charges while its being used. Not sure if my Mambo does or not as I dont really use the sims. It definitely does charge via usb though

Mere baubles, as long as you’re ok nothing else matters

2 Likes

“Pass through” they call it, I think … being able to “do it’s job whilst charging”. I don’t think it supports this, as it was in data mode, it doesn’t charge. Which explains why it literally wouldn’t turn on out in the field.

1 Like

When you put it like that :+1:

I’ll use that tomorrow when I blow my wages on FPV.

“Listen dear, as long as we have our health, money doesn’t matter” :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m having second thoughts now :thinking:

That was my first car prang since 2005 … honest :roll_eyes::rofl:

The goggles have arrived, and very nice they are too :heart_eyes: I just had a test with them in my daughters bedroom, not the best of ideas :rofl: They work well, loads better than the Emax ones.

My first DVR image :laughing:

Ready for the weekend …

1 Like

Just remember to get your powerloop entry in by Sunday :grin:

1 Like

Close of play sunday?? Ooooohhh I know what I’m doing at the bando… lol

PS: Never done one before… lol

2 Likes

All the more reason to learn :star_struck:

Tell me how to do one of those :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

Oooh it has the word “Advanced” on it… I’ve not got past beginner yet… Though I think obstacle was optional :wink:

1 Like

I would say that its too soon for you to try a powerloop but knowing how you like a challenge Chris I wouldnt put it passed you to manage a powerloop :grin: If you do try, do it in a big open area with no obstacles

Heres a Bardwell video with stick overlay. He explains it nice and clearly too

1 Like

Yes, just watched that. Just about to have my 3rd go at FPV. Nice spot …

1 Like