Evening from Leeds

Evening all

New flyer here from Leeds. Got curious and bought a DJI Ryze Tello to see if i want to turn it into a bigger hobby with bigger money.

Not done a true outdoor flight yet, did go up to Almscliffe Crag first thing a bit ago but bottled it with Sheep and a sign stating no Drone Flying due to frightening the cattle.

Look forward to being part of the community

Dak

5 Likes

Hi Dak
Welcome to the madhouse
Before you know it you’ll have that more expensive drone

1 Like

Hi Dakin / @Dak, and welcome to GADC.

Several members have the Tello … although I’ve personally yet to see one, I’ve head good things about them. :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll get an idea if there are other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown. Obviously, this is mainly populated by posts from the more sedate drones than yours, but there’s always a change that it might be of assistance.

Just make sure there’s no wind - and I mean no wind - before letting that fella in the air. I did the same as you seeing if I’d take to it, but my Tello is now at the bottom of a Canadian lake due to a small gust. On the bright side it proved it was something I wanted to get in to.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcomes all. Thanks for the advice @leeheyes, my research also turned up the wind restrictions with the Tello too!

1 Like

Welcome
Tellos great I lay in bed flying mine round the bedroom

1 Like

Hi from the other side of the Pennines @Dak mate :smiley:

Hello from fellow Loiner, although now exiled in North Yorkshire.

Good luck with the new drone, we are a friendly lot and like a bit of banter too.

Little under 3 weeks and it’s upgrade day. Picking up the Parrot Bebop 2 Power tonight

2 Likes

Ooo FPV
Keeps updated on your learning curve and features of the Bebop 2
I am sure there are others who may have a punt at them prices

1 Like

Hi Dak,mavic air owner from Cleckheaton here,often found up castle hill,hit me up if you want any help.

1 Like

Definitely will @jonathantozer!

Think I’m off for a fly tomorrow weather dependant. I’ve not checked yet. Thinking Ogden water, black Carr wood or roundhay park.

Reminds me I need to update flight locations for Black Carr Wood!

1 Like