Fake SanDisk SDXC 128gb Extreme MicroSD memory cards

Just received this from ebay. From a seller with tons of 100% feedback.
Its definitely fake. Weird syntax, sandisk website has comma seperators, front package pixelated. Barcode scan on the reverse goes nowhere…

Am I correct?

The printing on the card itself doesn’t look great.

Some interesting info here: HappyBison.com: tech, research and bison

And you can always call up Sandisk customer support and they’d tell you if the serial is fake or not.

1 Like

Thanks, I am so DONE with eBay. Where can I go to get a card that is 100% genuine?

Amazon is your best bet (directly sold by Amazon though as not all Marketplace traders are trustworthy).

3 Likes

I don’t know what you paid for your eBay one, but the same card is on Amazon for £19.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDXC-Adapter-Performance/dp/B07G3H5RBT

4 Likes

Ok, just bought this one instead. Thank you!

1 Like

Interestingly enough I just put the card through a testing program. It writes to 117gb. 94kb error upon verification of written files. It also reads and writes much faster than either my Fuji card and 3 times faster than my genuine sandisk extreme…odd.

Sorry you got scammed mate, but thanks for sharing the photos, it might prevent others being caught out too.

As above, I too would only ever buy from either a high street shop (Argos et al), or Amazon direct.

Chase up the seller and paypal, they’ll cover you under buyer protection

2 Likes

Hi all
got a deal on Amazon back in March,only used this card twice & on reading video shooting can sometimes be choppy also due to fake cards,
Which when I put the sd card in my mac looked pretty crap.I don’t know much about these I no longer have the package,card looks a bit wish wash,any thoughts anyone ? Does this look like the real deal I looked on google mixed comments,Comments appreciated sorry to bother you all

Thankyou

Was it proper Amazon or ‘fulfilled’ by them ?

Unlikely to be fake if proper Amazon sale

You can also try run a test on it and post the results ?

Was by one of there sellers not Amazon
Thanks

Not compatible on iOS

On your Mac.

Sorry I’ll look & let you know Thankyou

1 Like

Im at work so dont have one with me., but I’m sure real ones have more lines of text on the back of the card ;o(

Get on Amazon chat they’ll help you out (but still check the speed)

It won’t perform the action lol it won’t let me as it says in picture :person_facepalming:t2::rofl: I reckon I been stitched !
Kind regards

I think I’ve managed to do it & that’s the results which sadly I’m not quite sure what I’m looking for hence the two pics,what it says on the tin as such & the results
Thanks in advance for any help

That should be quick enough to use on 4k :man_shrugging: