Firefly 1.6'' baby quad hd wiring diagram

A scope will also indicate if the Sbus is active and transmitting

1 Like

When you changed the wiring to RX5 did you also change the Uart5 to Serial RX in Betaflight?

I did, dont understand as it connects to the controller and the goggles ?

Think Ill go back to basics and double check the wiring config just to make sure…

Because on the DJI FPV system the controller connects to the goggles independently. The Sbus doesn’t connect the controller to the FC directly it connects the Vista which relays the controller signal to the FC.

If you have another Vista you can try connecting that to the FC on your Firefly to see if it works. If it does then you have a problem with the Vista (probably the Sbus diode)

With your meter test the resistance from the vista Sbus pad to ground

Take a picture of the meter reading and the probe connections

1 Like

Isn’t sbus inverted? So needs a dedicated pad?

2 Likes

Yeah but we think Nick has an F7 FC

Think Im going to try the above and test it with another vista that way I can eliminate the vista or not.

Cant believe it, Iv gone from 1 quad out of action to 3 in the blink of an eye :man_shrugging:t3: does me head in :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Cheers Richard was going to buy one sometime back but thought for the price it would be a pile of crap

but no it’s not

It is a great bit of kit for the price :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah as long as you don’t expect too much then its a great aid.

2 Likes

Now quick Q as just to check im not getting thing arse about tit, iv re soldered Sbus to RX5 hence I would change it to serial RX5 in Betaflight ???

yes.

Another long standing member lost :cry:

GADC mug on the table though, so you’re forgiven :blush:

My Daily Mug :grinning:

1 Like

Ok took the advice above good news odd news.

I hooked up the vista out of my Apex which is also on the bench, I wasnt sure if it was working or not but it turns out it was :+1:t3: so I now know its the FC that’s US …

The firefly did power up the odd thing was 3 of the motors started chirping :man_shrugging:t3:

Hang on a minute, so a different Vista worked ok on the Firefly?

Maybe Iv not explained properly, yes it powered up but none of the switches still dont work but not sure if they would if the motors are chirping ??

Does that make sense???