Fireworks come alive 😱

Finally managed to get to a firework display this evening. Long story short, pitch black, involved going through a gate that said ‘BEWARE OF THE BULL’, and walking about 15 minutes in the dark through some fields, randomly stepping in crap.

Not sure if it was the adrenaline, due to the bull about to jump me at any second, but started to see some odd things appearing in the fireworks :astonished: … one looked like a palm tree, and the last looked like Megatron being attacked by a unicorn :laughing:

11 Likes

Great set Chris :heart_eyes:

Cheers Steve. I had fun :wink:

1 Like

Fun fact, the white dot in the top right of some of photos above … is Jupiter.

1 Like

I was going to mention that, I can make that out perfectly :ok_hand: :lying_face:

1 Like

Wait…

No unicorns? :thinking:

Oddly enough, my daughter just told me it’s not a flying horse but a unicorn :wink:

She’s not wrong:

1 Like

I admire your dedication Wayne :bowing_man:t2:

I’m also impressed with how windy it was. You can clearly see it in nearly all the photos.

Fair play :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks Bob.

I hang my head in shame and have edited the post accordingly :pensive:

1 Like

You hang that head Wayne :disappointed:

Some epic shots there. I’ve still got a weird hangup about flying at night that I really need to get past. I think it’s the only time when the Mini 2’s lack of obstacle avoidance worries me… :joy:

2 Likes

Take the plunge, it’s breathtaking up there in the dark. :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I think everyone is the same at first. But once you have a go or two, it’s fine. Honestly. Probably safer if anything. Personally, I can see my drone better at night.

In this instance, I was more worried about being impaled by a bull :confounded:

2 Likes

Ironically Andy the obstacle avoidance system doesn’t work in low light anyway so it wouldn’t make a difference even if the Mini 2 did have obstacle avoidance. I agree with Chris that once you get over the initial fear of flying in the dark for the first time it’s actually easier to keep sight of your drone at night. The only thing I would say is if you can recce the site before it gets dark so you can check for overhead cables, large trees etc this should increase your confidence having an idea of any potential hazards in the area :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Great shots Chris :ok_hand:t2: I’m hoping to get out this week for some firework shots with a little luck :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Who’s Chris? :face_with_monocle:

Sorry mate I meant Wayne :rofl:

1 Like