First build

The hobby rc link has them in stock

cheers

Stock is such a pain. Contacted UMT the other day and apparently china have a 2 week holiday, expected all their stock to recover over this and next week. Am enjoying following this thread!

Cheers mate, Iv just check Hobby Rc and they only have 2 in stock …lol I will take the 2 and hopefully they’ll get more in soon.

Or its going to be a bugger to fly with just 2 motors …lol

Yes I had a right ball ache with motors. 3 of the ones I originally wanted in stock, changed for the iFlights in the end. Less hardware thant he Emax ECO II, but hey ho. I don’t think I’d order < 4!

Oky doky the list is looking good might add the vfly buzzer to it now even though I’m not 100% it will fit… BUT if it doesn’t then I could swop it for the small buzzer in my whoop as that’s still in bits wait for its AIO …

Props, I know after watching, reading stuff they are a personal preference but could I ask what people have are been using…

On the video Howard posted regarding the motors they tested a good range which would probably meet my needs??.

Hmmm interesting, I have Xing on all of mine Iv only ever had 2 burn out, but I think that was my fault due to mincing around with the rates.
But again I suppose its down to personal choice :+1:t3:

ah - sorry mate. They had stock yesterday as I did a quick check.

:crossed_fingers: that they get some back soon.

Ps don’t buy just two

100% down to preference but also ensuring the prop won’t help to burn out the motors.
There’s definitely a more technical explanation but the ones I use on my 4inch builds are basically factory standard as both drones are BNF.

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to burn out motors, mine ended up lost or in river on probably it’s 20th flight (2nd session).

The iFlights are probably great, not flown yet, as only me second build. But the screws too long and EMAX included different length ones. :wink:

I have iflights on 5 of my drones. So far no issues at all :crossed_fingers:

No worries mate, not a good idea to just buy the 2 ??, I am looking at other peoples builds on you tube which isn’t a bad thing as you can see ill not get a Vfly in there.

Tighter than a big girls shoes

You need to reach the button on the vifly anyway. Perhaps on top?
I see a small amount of space behind the camera. :slight_smile:

You can 2 types I have the 1 where you control it via the XT lead, a bit of a pain when disconnecting your battery as you have to re-plug it then disconnect it…

I’m defo loosing the will to live with the motor thing, I’m finding the problem is stock, and that no one has any.

Maybe I should start a new topic and call it FPV life pre COVID, the guys that have been in the hobby a while can tell stories of how life used to be. Things like how shock was plentiful, everything was 25% cheaper :rofl: :rofl:

Anyhow Iv found 4 motors that seem to fit the bill, not sure if they are the right mounting size, I think they are but would someone mind advising.

Please if anyone is using these than feel free to chip in…

I have had both.
The completely independent one broke on me and would not stop beeping. I had to detach the battery from it and once soldered back on it refused to do anything. It’s now in the bin.

The one with the battery connection works, but the XT lead connection disabling thing never works for me. To switch it off I always have to press the button on the side to stop it.

I bought a 2021 road bike in Feb this year, the review prices from end of 2020 were £400 cheaper than what I paid. Thanks Brexit… At least me passports blue (nah it’s not ordered a replacement last min so as long as possible it’s red :))

1 Like

Is that the one I offered to fly away for you at the bando? Ironic how I lost my drone an hour or so later.

Yes that’s the one.

I’d headed to the car to get my really long pole and on the way back could hear it beeping from the edge of the bando… You’d tried and failed to switch it off. Luckily it was only zip-tied on so I removed it and shoved it in a bag to quieten it down. Then tried (and failed) to fix it at home.

That drone now has the other type on it as I had one spare.

Was actually really starting to get on my nerves, lol!

Though I never heard my ViFly2 when it mattered. Maybe it was in a river, but I’m still not convinced it activated, or me diss arming turned it off. No way the battery wasn’t DC’d on impact though.

I have two or 3 different types but all require the pressing of a button. All are squashed into quite tight spaces with the button being exposed enough for me to press with a screwdriver - it’s a pain but less painful than a total loss.

So it seems like they will fit a 12mm mounting but the center hole that you usually have can be too small on some frames so it’s recommended that you may need a washer underneath the motor to give more space.

I found the info on this video review - https://youtu.be/AUAB_YfF3uQ

have a look and see what you think.
You are also limited to the props that are recommended by them which appear to be Nazgul 5030 props with two crews to mount rather than a single bolt.

They are motors designed for a small 5inch rather than a 4 inch so it could be a gamble.