First time out disconnections

No, photos and videos will always be on your phone. Remember to manually sync your flight data just to be sure before you uninstall!

1 Like

Will try that next time I go out dave, hopefully today if it stops drizzling :pray:t2:

Since the immediate response from @PingSpike, myself and others to the initial problem 2 days ago was the likelihood of a dodgy cable/usb … it really does seem like the best place to start solving the problem, rather than uninstalling/reinstalling the app … that I’d almost guarantee won’t make a jot of difference.

Drizzle doesn’t matter. You had the connection issues when it was “at your feet” … you can try it in the dry in the lounge and see if the “at your feet” disconnections have gone? You can leave the MP in the lounge and walk out into the garden and check greater distance, Obviously range will be compromised being in the house … but that’s not what you want to test.

1 Like

I’m going to buy this one

Anker are good, give it try with the original Apple one (from your phone) just so you can put that scenario out of your head, use the bottom USB connection on the RC.

I’d try the uninstall/re install route, or perhaps install GO on the wife’s phone see how that goes.

So I took Mav out tonight for 20 mins on my normal Apple charging cable and I was absolutely fine no problems at all. A bit annoying having the cable sticking out the side of the left controller grip though

1 Like

At least the problem is located! :+1:

Perhaps a new DJI cable would be OK? Possibly worth a try.

Do you think they would send me a new one ?

1 Like

Certainly worth a try. You have the proof that the cable is the problem.

I would like to think they would considering how much the drone costs. I’m emailing them now :+1:t2:

1 Like

So it was a cable issue then :wink:

I bought a ‘TOWAYS’ branded right-angled cable due to that very reason :+1:

Not sure Anker make right angles? They’d be my first choice, TOWAYS second choice.

I had the same problem with my Mavic when I bought it. Tried a replacement cable from the side socket and still had app disconnects, changed to a usb c cable from the bottom of the remote and haven’t had an app disconnect since ( over a year now). I think some remotes may have dodgy side ports. HTH :sunglasses:

Thanks Mike. DJI are sending a replacement cable but I don’t hold much hope of it working, which is pretty :poop: when you think of how much these drones cost, how can they charge that much but have a faulty product ? It seems I’ll have to use the a different cable but I hate having it sticking out of the left side grip.

I’m certainly not saying this is your case, but …

1. having seen several posts with this problem, (personally) I’ve only seen ones related to the Lightning cable, not the Android micro-USB at each end cable. (Not that I’m saying there haven’t been cases with Android - read on.)

2. It took someone here on GADC to point it out before I realised that, despite the micro-USB plug at the RC end of the DJI cable being the standard cross-section, the micro-USB socket is a simple rectangle …

… rather than the usual micro-USB cross-section (from my Anker battery in this case) …

As a consequence, damage can be caused to the RC micro-USB socket when connecting the RC to the micro-USB plug of the charging cable if the cable’s plug is “upside-down”.

This is a warning that should be heeded by Android and iOS users, obviously, but there’s a chance that …
a) because Android devices (pretty much) all have a mico-USB socket for data/charge, and …
b) because micro-USB plugs are inconsistently labelled with the USB symbol as to which way around it is, and indeed the orientation of micro-USB sockets in various devices (tho for me I find this less often), …
… Android users may be subconsciously used to checking the RC socket / charge plug orientation more often than iOS users with their reversible Lightning cables.

A long-winded thought … but may have some relevance.

1 Like

Thanks Dave I saw something about this on YouTube. Strange they would make the port with 90 degree corners when micro usb isn’t like that.

I’ve decided to order these and try them out because I think the problem might be with the port itself like you said @OzoneVibe

1 Like

My two pennorth. I use an iPhone 7x and on first flight kept getting a message ‘ gimbal disconnection ‘ when using the side connection. I’ve used the bottom connection ever since, no problems so far😉

1 Like

Maybe the problem is the Apple phones, they are crap after all :smirk: … Getting my coat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: like @Criden said, I had lots of app disconnects when I got my MP last week and was using the supplied lightning cable but since using the bottom usb it’s been brilliant

2 Likes

Seems to be a relatively common problem - check forum MavicPilots (US). Is this a cable problem? Or is it the socket? DJI - I think we should be told!!