First time out disconnections

I think there is a few problems.

The micro usb port being an odd shape and also micro usb standard never being great to start with. The usb A socket on bottom of controller gives a much better mechanical connection.

Then you have the cables DJI included. Non MFi aftermarket lightning cables have always had a terrible reputation, I’m not sure DJIs are any better.

It’s one thing plugging your phone in and charging, any old cable will do. It’s when you’ve got a high data throughput that you start to notice errors.

I have to admit I didn’t even try the included cables and went straight to the bottom port after all the reports on other sites.

Whilst I understand the reason for the micro-USB for charging, chances are a separate, bespoke, plug/socket for a cable to phone/tablet would have made far better sense.

We shouldn’t lose track of the fact that people (rightly) shout about things that go wrong, rarely when things perform as expected.
So … “MINE WORKS JUST FINE :+1:” …will address that … slightly. :wink:.

Another oversight with the RC, imo, is the lack of any adjustment for phone thickness.
I had to cut away some of the rubber gripping inside the phone holder arms for it to sensibly hold my phone.

1 Like

Above have been some posts about having the cable sticking out from the RC arms, and whilst I don’t have this issue myself, I wasn’t sure whether this little gizmo would help or not.
Probably not, but having bumped into it, I thought I’d share.

https://b2smile.com/collections/cell-phones-accessories/products/b2-universal-cable-protector

1 Like

That’s a good find Dave !

1 Like

Apparently, the inventor of the USB recently died.

At his funeral, they lowered his coffin into the ground…

Then pulled it back out, turned it round and put it back in… :joy:

5 Likes

Lmao🤣

:rofl:
I heard he took a job with Microsoft as Apple had no Jobs…

5 Likes