Just back from a trip to the Mid Wales coast. Stopped at Tal-y-Lynn Lake to film the beautiful scenery. I had a fly away into the lake from the hill side. I tried all the fly away tips and tricks but my mavic2 was on a rapid diagonal decent into the lake. I’m trying to u pick why and thought I would share the steps before it’s happened.
- Switch on, firm wear update required, hardly any phone signal so I waited for the download and upload.
- Switched drone off and back on
- Calibrated compass
- Took off to 5m
- Set return to home location
6.rotated the drone to look over the lake and slowly moved off
- Drone immediately shoots quickly diagonally down 100m ish to its watery end aged 2 months
- Attempts to control, gain altitude, was about my only option as it happens so quickly
Bright sunshine, 14c, wind speed 8n gusting to 16.
I will replace in due course but after 2 months of careful flying, A2 c of c and lots of tutorials…i was caught by surprise. I’m not sure if the firmware update had anything to do with this but I shall be wary when I return.
Next question, with no care package, can you buy just the drone? It appears not.