Fly away, watery grave :-(

I would raise a ticket with DJI. There are quite a few cases of this happening and I believe DJI have covered them on a warranty basis subject to receiving the flight logs.
Sounds like a serious failure possibly linked to the software update - I don’t think you did anything wrong. :+1:

2 Likes

On a side note post that log here.

not much consolation but you will get a badge.
R.I.P mini 2 :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Ok, I am definitely no expert but there seems to be a lot of “low” risk warnings in the short flight. Home point was established ok but something odd was happening with the battery - the voltage dropped fairly rapidly as far as I can see at 1 minute 52 seconds (ish). And I don’t think that is normal

The warnings kick in at 1 54, max power load reached then a load of repeated “not enough force / ESC Error” and “max power load reached”

So something bad was happening between the battery and the motors. You said you had to perform a firmware upgrade on site. I have a suspicion that the “intelligent” battery needed a firmware upgrade as well.

I reckon an email to DJI claiming it’s their fault should be sent.

Also we seem to have ended up in the wrong thread. @PingSpike will probably be along soon to move us into the correct area :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeeesh, looks painful.

I’ve nearly had it crash into water when I got too ambitious but this sounds like a battery fail or like others said prop came off.

Dji with that flight log data should definitely replace

There have been no Firmware updates in recent weeks that I can remember or someone can tell me different :man_shrugging:

The only update was the DJI Fly app this week

2 Likes

What might cause something like that to happen? :thinking:

I’ll guess not in this instance as the battery in the drone at the time of a bird-firmware update is also updated. Unless he swapped batteries after the update? But then it would have warned him he needed a firmware update :grimacing:

I’ll guess the drone might not have been used for a while (or connected to the internet for a while).

Last used Friday 16th and do the firmware check as part of pre-flight checks. Did the latest app update to 1.4 earlier in the week and was expecting a firmware update but nothing until today.

4 Likes

Interesting… no Mini 2 updates since 4th March :thinking:

The DJI Fly app update 1.4 came out on the 15th, i posted it at 10.35 am and like

said none since the 4th which is very strange

Contact DJI asap

Just looked at update page, no mention of firmware or the 1.4 app update. Is the page up to date. Found a few similar comments on YouTube of 1.4 update on 16th, then asked for firmware update and that causing problems with RC connectivity. Will contact dji after salsa support on Monday

DJIs web site is never up to date :confused:

It’s something @Jhdee, myself, and a few others have a constant gripe with :pensive:

Suffice to say you will always find out about app and firmware updates here first. before you will on dji.com :blush:

3 Likes

Katabatic & Anabatic wind a what you get in steep valleys.

It’s why it’s virtually impossible to sail in fjords or steep valleys.

1 Like

With 1.4 came an RC firmware update.

1 Like

App updates don’t include firmware updates, are you mixing this up with the new Smart Controller firmware update that dropped a few days ago?

I had a controller update yesterday when I went flying, but no other updates (Mini 2).

1 Like

I wonder if this Air 2S firmware update on 15th April has triggered all compatible controllers to update too?

No, I did the 1.4 app update on Thursday, saw the cosmetic ‘pro’ camera interface changes and had been checking back for firmware updates. Nothing Friday before I flew, but did get one before Saturday’s flight. It went downhill metaforically :joy:

1 Like

I finally took my mini 2 out properly today and there was definitely a firmware update, said something about now allowing controller switching between the mini 2 the MA2 and the air 2s. Guess it was the controller but it looked like the drone was updated too.

That wasn’t there a couple of days ago when I was flying round the garden.

1 Like

Any issues after the update?