Flying in the EU

Hi, what link did you use for your permits?

Hi

I got my EASA Pilot licence from [https://learningzone.eurocontrol.int] (free) and the Operator EASA Id from Polish Civil Aviation https://drony.ulc.gov.pl which was a case of just fill in the form and wait 24H for approval (also free)

Hope that helps

1 Like

Just received mine for the IAA yesterday. They were interestingly more thorough when it came to providing ID than the CAA re an Operator ID.

Has anyone got experience regarding legalities of flying a drone in Spain? I’ve tried to get some info from EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) but no response. My CAA registration is no longer recognised in Europe

Moved your post to this thread that has plenty of general info on Europe - also search the #travel-and-flying-abroad category for some additional info/idiosyncrasies on several specific countries.

And, welcome to GADC. :+1:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Advice on taking a drone to Turkey

Many thanks for that. I did the online assessment this afternoon & it was fine. No cost involved

I’ve just completed the required test on the French site. 40 questions,75% + to pass. You get to download from site should you pass. Good for five year and this allows you to fly in any EU Country.
I hope to fly in Portugal soon.

2 Likes

You will need to register again in Portugal. They need you to register plus notify them of all flights.

I thought passing in one EU Country was sufficient to fly in all the other countries. Are saying Portugal is different?

Each EU country can add extra requirements beyond the basic operator and flyer IDs.

Portugal Drone Laws: Guide for Beginners | Aerofly Drones (uavadviser.com)

Hi, I was looking at a short European trip early next year. To perhaps Budapest or Prague or similar. As I have a less than 249 gram drone I didn’t think the regulations would be much different from UK. However looking online there is so much conflicting and confusing advice.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fly a drone in 2023 in EU countries specific to less than 249 gram drones. If so do you need licence, to pass a test or anything else?

Many thanks

@miles welcome to GADC, I have moved your post here.

Pull up a chair and with a few coffees take a read, its mostly covered here.

1 Like

It’s as clear as knitting Fog!

I have read through this post, as my post on this was removed, and there is no definitive answer, to what’s required to fly in EU!

1 Like

Depends which country. There are basic rules that apply to the entire EU and each country is allowed to add their own additional rules, some do, some don’t.

Which country ?

App here for Spain.

Map for France.

Thought the EU played to one set of rules only?

Each country has its own bits under the big easa umbrella

2 Likes

First part completed, did my on line course with the Luxembourg Directorate of Civil Aviation

The course as many have said is more in depth than here in the UK.

Next step, trying to get registered in a EU State.

I have sent an email to IAA (Ireland) to what the procedure would be to register there. Wish me luck :crossed_fingers: