Flying in the EU

Read on here that your EASA number to be affixed to your Drone, needs to be Fire Proof!

Got this of EBay, £1.85 engraved on to a metal “Trophy Plaque”

Should do?

I got one of these from Germany:

Is it fireproof?

It’s Metal

Is the requirement for a metal ID across the whole of the EU or just Germany? Have just registered and done the training/exam with Norway’s CAA and it wasn’t mentioned that they needed to be fireproof.

I am still struggling to get registered in a EU Country! Emailed IAA, quoted a 10 day respond time! No response!! Re-emailed, still no response.

Jut makes you think why people do not bother and just fly their drones!

Pop along to https://flydrone.no/ and click the little globe in the top right to switch languages. Quick and painless registration.

As in the Irish Aviation Authority?

If so my registration was painless. Granted though they didn’t seem to reply to anything until you had passed the online training and paid!

French one is straightforward and can be done in English.

Had no trouble with the Cyprus Aviation Authority, a leisurely half hour with a cuppa tea and did the training then got flyer and operator registrations. Additionally just needed a scan of a mug shot (not the cuppa)! and a utility bill.

I have already completed EASA in Luxembourg, and I gave them the number along with CAA Operators Number, so no need to for further on line training? Or am I missing something here?

Any way registered on the Norway CAA, they do direct you to “Their” training page, but I already have EASA!

Is this all in order?

1 Like

EASA in one country covers you for all EU countries, you only register in one.

Luxembourg numbers are recognised in the EU and vice-versa.

Attach your number and fly…

Oh once you have complied with any country based requirements.

@briwy Many thanks for posting this!
The Luxembourg A1-A3 cert is still free and, as many have already pointed out, is gained by completing a quality online program.
I have also opted for Cyprus for the Operator ID, €15, valid for 3 years, no waiting for ID checks…

1 Like

Hi

I am in the early stages of planning a vacation across Europe in April and I will be taking my eu registered mini 2

Are there any specific rules /regulations I need to be aware of for flying in Belguim and Poland

Are there any recommeded locations for flying

Thank you

Moved your post to this thread that might answer some of your questions.

I have just done the same, I have paid my 220NOK and completed the personal information detail page as presented, and was instantly given my Norwegian Operators ID No. I’m thinking that this was all a bit too easy, but it does appear as if I now have a registration in the EU to be able to fly my Mini 3 Pro (sub 250gms) … Am I missing something?

I would check each country your going to, for example I have an EASA EU Op ID to fly in Italy but unlike some EU countries you cannot fly there at night or over buildings without prior authorisation, which was not the case when I took the Republic of Ireland Op ID test.

Also dont forget to display your EASA Op ID on your drone. I used the QR code reduced in size printed and sellotaped to my mini 2 battery door. I didn’t bother with the aluminium plated Op ID that your supposed to have (according to some GADC members but never bothered to check TBH) and it lasted until I sold the mini 2.

1 Like

no longer a requirement in europe apparently.

1 Like

Cool! Wasn’t ever going to bother anyway but good to know. :+1: