Flywoo explorer setup

Just stand well back when you try it out tomorrow. If the motors or props are wrong it will flip out like Martin said and can go in any direction so be careful

And you really shouldn’t be close too 100% throttle armed and outside when testing!!

Yeah that’s what I thought too lol I knew something wasn’t right. Let’s see if this was it.

And yes @SirGunner I will stand well back, make me feel like I luckily escaped death if that was the case before.

God know what my issue is but after tomorrow will know more.

Thank you everyone for your help. Have a nice evening

No, we didn’t cover that, we spent many house trying to get as far as we did in terms of getting my radio and goggles talking to my quad by then it was late so I do feel I could do with another run over with someone on betaflight to check everything is ok and correct.

If anyone’s fancys this another night I’d appreciate it if I can’t still get it to fly tomorrow

I know Jez helped before, but am happy to have a video call, am free tomorrow night, let us know how you get on!

1 Like

Hes running a heavy Li ion pack Martin so will need more throttle than normal, although shouldnt need 100% to take off :laughing:

Hi everyone,

Today has been a success!! At last!!

My quad now lifts off the ground so whatever I did last night has worked and it is now sorted and ready for me to take out on a less windy day and try for first time with my goggles. Can’t wait looking forward to it.

I wouldn’t have got here within many many month, if ever! If it wasn’t for all of your help, thank you all so much.

Great community

3 Likes

Ow thanks, only just seen this message from you.

As you can see from my last post I have now managed to get in the air so I will have a fly at the weekend or another less windy night this week and see how it goes.

Thats great news, now the fun really starts :laughing:

look forward to helping you repair it :ok_hand:t2: :rofl:

Lol yes this is my next bug worry too! Hence why i definitely want it to be no wind atall so i can get used to flying as if from fresh ill just start as id i was leqrning again on liftoff and once i get the hang of it ill attempt more and more.

Hi guys,

To keep my quad under 250g so I don’t have to register it just yet, and also for my battery charger, I am looking to buy a 4s 650 lipo, is the one in the link below ok?

Wrong!

You have a camera on it, so you need to “register” even under 250g… this isn’t the USA (well actually I am in the USA right now, but that’s another story…)

Go and read through the CAA’s Drone pages and get your Operator and Flyer IDs.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual

I’ll not explain the details, since as you do all that you’ll learn them! :slight_smile:

Oh and HobbyKing… I’d not buy from them unless I have to, they no longer have a UK warehouse.

especially buying lipos… chances are customs will stop it.

also when buying Lipos consider the C rating for a quad the higher the better.

C rating is basically how fast the battery can deliver power and as you can imagine quads draw a lot of power and they need the power as fast as the battery can deliver it.

to low of a C rating and you’ll get voltage sag and you’ll feel like your drone is flying through custard lol

you should be looking for around the 90 to 100c range but ultimately the higher the better :+1:t2:

Ahh right ok,

No problem i will take a look at that today then and try and get that sorted. Thanks for you help.

Enjoy your time in USA

Ok i will bare all that in mind when looking, could you suggest any for me? And is there any company with warehouse in the uk?

Cheers

Yeah you need an operator ID (11 quid a year I think). Will cover all your quads. Might as well do the free flyer I’d course at same time.

Also I have FPVUK insurance which gives you a little more freedom.of flying in parks over 250g and 5m insurance

There are discount codes for insurance on this forum if you a full member

1 Like

Take a fleet of drones with you? Or just laptop for video editing heh. Have a great holiday mate!

Yeah don’t use Hobby King, stick to hobbyrc, unmannedtech, flyingtech, yourfpv for the UK… Stock levels is a PAIN?

Is it XT30, or XT60? I bought a load with XT60 when needed 30, so a fun time soldering 4S batteries… eeek :wink:

HobbyRC have these in stock, not sure any good, though 120C raiting.

1 Like