FPV Bodge for practically any drone

EMax tinyhawk rtf is the way to go mate. Iv heard of one tackle willington towers so will be fine…

1 Like

How does the Emax record the video footage?

What does the 3" or 5" refer to exactly?

Most fpv quads don’t is the short answer…

The longer answer is you would need/want dvr to record what gets transmitted…

Prop size

So is it the goggles that record the dvr or the aircraft?

Usually the goggles, for a small craft. On larger ones, you can get a split type of cam that will transmit fpv and record in HD. James has one. Runcam split I think? That records on board the drone. The ev800d goggles can record the fpv.

Do you mean these ones?

The other thing you can do is strap the tinyhawk to the top of your mavic. Then your mavic is fpv!

Yeah. I am long sighted and need reading glasses though as I’m getting on a bit. This one will split in the middle (so you can use as a hand held monitor) or you can print a spacer so the image looks crystal. I’ll get a pic of mine…

I guess this is a joke :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Seriously. I don’t see why not.

Well I guess so but the Mavic isn’t going to fly like one of these little things.

The EV800D has the dvr built in, what does it record on to, micro SD

Yeah. Best using a class 10 just in case, but you shouldn’t need it. The files are not huge either. 16 or 32gb will hold loads of videos.

I guess not. But I have found, just getting used to FPV is important, with all the stability modes on a mavic. It’s very different from LOS. But exhilarating. Then when your used to flying real time fpv, then lose the stability modes. Only my opinion, but that’s the route I found myself taking in the past.

Have you seen these? I think the goggles are the same but with varifocal. They are cheaper for some reason, unless I am missing something.

Does something like the Emax tinyhawk have stability modes etc?

1 Like

The varifocal is 3" whereas the other is 5"

It will do angle and horizon. Both of those self level but don’t do position hold etc

I’m happy to do a stream covering this stuff on Saturday if your free 20:00 :slight_smile: can answer all your questions :slight_smile:

1 Like