FPV Drone Fest

There’s definitely places closer than Matlock. That’s a good 30 mins I’d guess.

I’ll have a look over the next few days

1 Like

Not a new video, but I hadn’t seen it before.

2 Likes

this is awesome - shows how much more practice I need !

That Knife edge at the top of the headstocks was epic!

Where is that abbey and did they get permission to fly there?

literally just been googling that.

As for permissions - I’d doubt it

1 Like

That matty flip though

1 Like

I’m looking forward to heading over tomorrow, hopefully the first time I meet some of you guys, are you meeting at a particular time/place? Think I will land about 11am.

Anyone flying on the day? I’m just spectating but would be great to tune in to those of us who are at their times if we can.

Anyone sticking around for the “Flowstate” preview, if it happens at all? I saw 8:30pm on one email and I think 630pm on another so hopefully the earlier time if it happens.

1 Like

i am going tomorrow and meeting up with speatuk and some of his friends i dont know when or where but will be in contact today to tell me. I am flying tomorrow dont know if i am sticking around for flowstate but will see. hope to see u there

I’m heading over with @speatuk in the afternoon around 2ish.

Not planning to stay for flow-state due to prior arrangements or they bring the time forward.

Feel free to message on here to sort out arrangements and meet ups

@Howard78 did you find and locations near clipstone that would be good to fly i have had alook can find much

gonna look today mate, it’s been a busy week

I’m heading over at some point as a spectator. Probably try to hit highest Grey Arrow density. :slight_smile:

Need to try and get my machine up and running again in the meantime.

nice one hope to see u there.

Anyone other than @DaveJaVu and I there on Sunday?

I need to spend tomorrow sorting out stuff like making sure vtx powers are set to 200mw, I’m on the right channels, GPS failsafe is disabled and all that.

It’s a long shot, but I fancy popping my FPV wing in the boot and maybe stopping off somewhere on the way home for 20 minutes of cruising over some nice hills and scenery. If anyone has any recommendations for somewhere easily accessible from the route up from Milton Keynes (M1, probably), then I’m all ears

1 Like

I’m not local but after a bit of scouting on google maps this looks like a potential option for somewhere to fly Google Maps

No flight restrictions and a huge open space - that’s unless it has been built on recently

damn im local like 10 to 15 mins away and didnt see that jeeez. on my way to the fest in the morning i might pop over there and have alook around

1 Like

Don’t worry - sometimes you can be too close to notice.

Let me know what you find but it looks like there are miles of space to fly in.

u got something to msg u on tomorrow bcs i dont get notifications on here and dont look at it often

yeah pm’d you

I was looking at that earlier, I think. Or was it a different colliery?

1 Like