Fun |And Friendly Edit Challenge - 12th to 21st Jan - CLOSED

@D0c.Col we invite you to submit a drone picture of your choice, captured by drone in dng and/or jpg. You are welcome to post AEB and a series of 180/wide panos. Please no 360’s

Maximum file size is 100Mb for direct upload, the site can also accept zip and rar files if you want/need to compress.
If you can only submit a dng then we will happily create a jpg from your original for display purposes

The Rules

All entries must be in jpeg or webp format.
Your entry must be a still picture.
Objects may be removed but nothing added. This means adding anything into the picture that was not there in the first place, swapping skies etc.
You may post edits with added objects, but they will not be considered for the poll
Create and post as many edits you like, but please tell us which one is your entry by clearly marking it “My Entry” on the top line of your post, EVEN IF YOU MAKE ONLY ONE ENTRY. Failure to do so may result in your edit not being included in the poll.
Entries can be submitted until 7pm on Sunday 21st January.
After entries are closed, a poll shall be opened for all forum members to vote on up to three of their favourite edits. The winner will then get the honour of supplying a picture of their choice, captured by drone, for the next round.
@group-challenges

And don’t forget, there is still plenty of time to enter The Great Wall of Fame Challenge Who’s going to be the first to make an entry?
And the always popular Reason To Fly whose theme this time round is UNDERNEATH

1 Like

Thought I’d post a sunny one I took in Garda, Italy to warm you up in this cold and damp month!

2 Likes

Thanks Colin,
I have uploaded your bracketed files directly, the WeTransfer link will expire before we close for entries which may leave some scrambling for a last minute edit.
Yes you can choose one, combine 3, or even combine all 5 to arrive at your final destination. Looks nice and warm, can’t wait for some heat to get back into the sun to warm these cold and stiff joints!!!
DJI_0246.DNG (23.5 MB)
DJI_0247.DNG (23.5 MB)
DJI_0248.DNG (23.5 MB)
DJI_0249.DNG (23.5 MB)
DJI_0250.DNG (23.5 MB)

2 Likes

Thx. The jpg is a merge of the 5 DNGs and I could have saved the file as RAW but wasn’t sure that’d be okay. :+1:

DNG is fine, the vast majority of us have the software required to work with them, especially as most of us will have DJI kit that uses this format. The file size limit is per upload, so you can upload 3 at a time as long as they don’t exceed 100mb, then upload another 2. Makes it easier to keep everything inside here.

THIS IS MY ENTRY

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

THIS IS MY ENTRY

@D0c.Col Lovely image that Col. :+1:

1 Like

Thx Ady :+1:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Nice pic Colin, I could just see me sat there :smile:

1 Like

This is my entry

1 Like

This is my entry

1 Like

@Kirky could you please submit any future entries in jpg or webp format please? I have included your entry this time, thanks.

Please vote for up to 3 of your favourite edits. But not your own, doing so will end in disqualification.
Voting is open to all members and associates, entrants or not.
Poll will close on Thursday 25th at 7pm.
In the event of a tie for first place, another poll will be opened to decide the winner.
The winner will then be invited to submit a drone picture of their own to start the next round.
@group-challenges

Was there a problem with it then ? I’ve always saved as a png & posted with no problems, I thought when you post it to the forum it converts it to jpg ?
If it is incorrect my bad & yes I can do that :+1:t2:

It was submitted as a png.
I don’t know why, but when the software I use has to convert 3 or 4 different formats into webp for upload to the poll, it messes with the colours and saturation. Then I get into trouble for messing with your guys edits.The forum may display a jpg, but when I click the download button it downloads whatever format you uploaded, not what is displayed.

No probs will save as per instructions for future :+1:t2:

This was my final edit of it. Thanks for all the mashups and good luck!

3 Likes

Well done Ady @Leylo1971 for taking top spot.Thanks to everyone who entered and to Colin for supplying the image for us.
The next round can be found HERE so dig something appropriate out Ady :smiley:

2 Likes