Fun and Friendly Edit Comp 9th April - 16th April

Lol worth finding out but I suspect it will just make the files harder to work with unless you have the correct software for it like clinkadinks Sony raw file. Maybe John @Drumsagard knows more about it and if there are any advantages/disadvantages?

2 Likes

I counln’t in photoshop but lightroom had no problems.

2 Likes

How strange my LR wouldn’t :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yes, I just imported it and it displayed with no issues.

2 Likes

Not my entry :joy:

2 Likes

I tried LightRoom mobile but that didn’t work. Although it might be a ‘Premium Feature’ as alot of stuff is on LR mobile :confused:

1 Like

Here is the import dialogue:

and here it is imported. I’m using the LR Classic v9.4 with Camera RAW 12.4

2 Likes

hmmm, how strange :exploding_head: Mines LR Classic CC 8.2.1 Camera RAW 11.2.1

2 Likes

What version CR is in your lightroom? I am going a bit senile, but I think I updated the CR a few weeks ago - or perhaps I didn’t. Bloody hell, I can’t remember.

2 Likes

Think an update is due :grimacing: :point_up_2:

CC 8.2.1 Camera RAW 11.2.1

1 Like

Went for a Golden Hour look…

4 Likes

Nice edit Darius :+1:t2:

If I dont post another use this .

I struggled (used the jpg like others) to get the clouds to look natural when I eventually got them to show… I think this is rubbish tbh

Anyway I decided to crop in and play with the curves and detail …

3 Likes

C-RAW is just Canon’s version of a compressed RAW file format. This means that the file sizes are smaller, they write to the card faster and you get more photos on your memory card. You’d be hard pushed to see a difference between a photo from a C-RAW and a normal non-compressed RAW.

1 Like

Depends on how old your version of LR is and if it supports Sony Alpha raw files.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve got the update to do tomorrow John. Should be good to play with this RAW then, could not find those clouds in the JPEG :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I guess most people here have old versions of LR then :grimacing:

Is there the equivalent of a video codec that can be added or installed to add support for that format?

3 Likes

There is an awful lot more detail in a RAW file than a jpeg Steve, almost impossible to bring out those clouds from a jpeg.

2 Likes

You’d need to upgrade LR itself to get the latest raw camera supports, but a work around would be to convert an unsupported raw file to a universal DNG file using the free Adobe DNG Convertor which you could then open in earlier versions of LR.

2 Likes

First edit but gonna have to have another go with this

3 Likes