GADC 4th Birthday Challenge

I was planning to do this later in the week while I’m visiting my parents. Now I have to find another viaduct, dammit. :laughing:

It’s not the best video of a viaduct that we have seen but photographic quality, though nice to have, is not the object of this exercise.

You have presented a picture of a viaduct, clearly with more than 12 arches and a train travelling along it. Added a Drone Scene entry. Job done, requirements fulfilled!

4 points :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you, I get the video quality isn’t good. I also started getting wind warnings as well. The place I have planned to fly from a farmer has put a gate across stopping parking! Hey ho! Really enjoying the competition and the challenge.

3 Likes

The highest point in Warwickshire (my home county) is Ebrington Hill (at 52.08140182,-1.72819224) Not the biggest mountain in the UK :laughing:

Not sure how best to present this so I’ve uploaded a video of a 360deg YAW with MP1 at summit and a quick shoot from lower level looking up to the summit.

I’ve also uploaded a 360 PANO (taken with MP1 & LITCHI) however my skills with KUULA are crap so it’s not much good but at least it’s there :+1:

I claim three points:

• for finding the damn place
  • for getting a 360 pano
  • for adding to DroneScene

3 Likes

download (18)

Testing of the new system proceeds, deadline for going live 03:00 tomorrow!

For the latest scorelines click the pic!

Here we go for:

1. Royal Mail Depot

This is the Kilmarnock Delivery Office (KA1 3AA), taken this evening (30th) with the Mini 2 at 18:09.

I’d like to claim the bonus point for:

• Bonus point if 10 or more red Royal Mail vehicles are there
2 Likes

Who are you, and what have you done with the Challenges Committee?

:wink:

unnamed

The masked stranger strikes again!

Okay, by special request, here is the table of categories (could be a few errors but hopefully close enough!). The number is the number of entries so far (excluding the last couple):

12: #6 Viaduct
12: #24 Isolated Church
11: #2 Abandoned building
10: #16 Castle
9: #1 Traffic roundabout
9: #23 Solar far
7: #17 Narrow gauge railway
6: #3 Royal Mail depot
6: #4 Commuter train
6: #14 Cricket match
6: #15 Motorsport tracl
6: #19 Higherst point in county
5: #11 AONB
4: #13 360 Excavator
3: #10 Canal lock
3: #21 Wind powered
2: #8 Tennis courts
2: #18 Lake
1: #5 Dronie
1: #9 Car park
1: #12 Citroen H Van
1: #25 FRZ
0: #7 Mobile crane
0: #20 Sun reflecting on water
0: #22 Construction site

4 Likes

Got lucky with this one as the Church in my village appears to be at least 105m from the Old Vicarage which is its closest neighbor :ok_hand:

Item 24. Isolated Church/Chapel
Church of St. Peter, Haresfield nr Gloucester
Taken today (30th) at about 4pm

2 Bonus points for
100m+ from other buildings
Added to dronescene

Total 3 points claimed.

6 Likes

Thanks @Steviegeek @JoeC @RichGBiscuit for your entries. Point all added to the scoreboard

2 Likes

Item 11. *AONB Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

Cotswolds AONB. particular photo taken on 19/08/2021 of the small village of snowshill while on a trip to snowshill lavender which deserves an entry of its own.

• Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry
6 Likes
  1. Viaduct or Aqueduct

Link to Dronescene location:

https://greyarro.ws/t/langport-viaduct-added-to-bridges-in-south-west/36086

Unfortunately I missed the freight train crossing by about a minute and ran out of time.

4 Likes
    1. 360 Excavator, Wheeled or Tracked

Imagine my delight when I found right next to Langport Viaduct:

3 360 Excavators! Unfortunately, no trucks being loaded.

regards

Wes

6 Likes

Welcome to the competition Mark. Plenty of time left to start racking up the points!

Entry for today - Isolated Church - The Trossachs Church in the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park.

I claim 2 bonus points. Nearest building is 204m away. I’ve listed on Drone Scene.

Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Trossachs Church, Brig O’Turk - Places of Worship in Scotland (dronescene.co.uk)

9 Likes

True story - a local boat centre was having a fun day on the canal with lots of kids canoeing etc., so I had sorted my 4 canoists sorted - hope you like the four blue canoes :joy: - I failed to find 4 red ones though! Then just as I am putting my drone up a boat comes chugging up the canal into the lock!! I wish I could say that I had fixed that!

1. Canal or River Lock
  • Bonus point if a boat is in the lock :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point if there are 4 canoeists :white_check_mark:
  • Bonus point for adding to Drone Scene and posting a link with your entry :white_check_mark:

I claim 4 points

7 Likes

After having a couple of my planned locations gazumped, I was relieved to finally find this during a session of Google Maps trawling.

Taken from the car park of The Nag’s Head at 7.30am this morning with the Mini, this roundabout is on the B5020 in Mickleover, Derby.

I claim bonus points for

• 4 or more exits
  • no vehicles
  • single tree in the center

And just to help validate that final point:

6 Likes

Thank you for your entry of the Lock @DroneGeek We have awarded you 3 out of the 4 points as although there are canoes there isn’t 4 canoeists. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @Earwig Points added :+1: