GADC Pilots' Calendar Competition - Vote for December's Winner

No just the last …

Time to hunker down and get behind the wall, you may know where I live :see_no_evil:

We have eyes in the skies …

… everywhere! :policeman: :policeman: :policeman:

Should we be posting pictures for ‘December 2024’ picture, now? So you have the December picture ready to go to the printers as early as poss next year?

If so, where are we posting it? Here? I’m probably being blind as usual.

Aye, pictures for December here please.

Over the next 12 months - to November 30th, 2023 - there will be a monthly thread into which you post your pictures for that month and then two days to vote for the best. Pretty much like an RTF but lasting a lunar month instead of 14 days.

That should mean we have 12 cracking pictures by next December 2nd to get printed and distributed by 30/12/2023 - if the post office are still doing Saturday deliveries by then :slight_smile:

• Victoria Square, Birmingham. ‘German Market’
  • 7th December 2022 8:15pm
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro
  • Drone flights are restricted here currently between 10am Fridays and 10pm Sundays, until 23rd December.

7 Likes

Kirklees knoll, Farsley, Leeds.
08/12/2022 - 9:25
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100 , Shutter 1/200.
No filters
Very cold (-5) frosty December morning.

Entry 1

8 Likes
  • Kingsbury Water Park, North Warwickshire
  • 11th December 2022 11:47am
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro
  • Kingsbury Water Park consists of 15 lakes over 600 acres

8 Likes

Just outside Fleet in Hampshire
10th December : 15:22
DJI Mini 2:
1/3 s at f/ 2.8 ISO 100 ND 4
post processing of DNG in LR and PS.

The sun is low in the sky, just clipping the taller trees and leaving the rest covered in frost.

13 Likes

Taken 11th December about half two at the south inch park in Perth. This to me is what December looks like, not quite bad enough for snow, but cold enough for constant sub zero temps and still a little colour left on the trees

10 Likes

Our local park in a snowy cold day in December

Taken on 10/12/22 with Mini 3 Pro

The tracks are from the first snowman attempt of the year :grin:

8 Likes

Superb shot :+1:

Superb shot :+1:

1 Like

Here is my photo entry for the December page of the calendar. Taken today 13/12/22 DJI Air 2s
This is the “Running Man” … a topiary effect sculpture near the finishing point of the “Great North Run” in South Shields, he’s been running on the spot on this roundabout for a good few years and used to be a bit lonely but then he was given a canine companion to commemorate " The Great North Dog Walk" recognised by Guinness World Records as the worlds largest dog walk, a charity walk which is held annually in June . In December they both enter into the festive spirit with some illuminations . 2023 marks the 42nd year of the Great North Run and the 30th year of the Dog Walk.

10 Likes

I’m hoping I can put this on here.
13-12-2022
Minus 3 degrees and hard frost
Thought it may be good for December
Mortimer reading, pine trees & more trees.

8 Likes

Resubmitted entry with signature watermark removed to comply with rules, apologies its a default setting in lightroom.

9 Likes

• Time & Date: 13/12/2022 @ ~3:30pm
  • Aircraft/Camera used: DJI Mavic 3 Classic
9 Likes

Out of interest, do we know yet what the best crop ratio is for the calendar? :slight_smile:

Not at the moment as we have yet to decide whether print is a viable option or should we create an online calendar.

If it is print, the norm is for half picture, half date so, if full bleed is possible, an A$ portrait calendar would want an A% landscape picture. As A sizes are based on an aspect ratio of √2:1 it is approx 1414 width x 1000 height or any pixel count with the same ratio.

If you would like a sponsor to assist with the cost please let me know.

Happy to give back

2 Likes