Good UK Stockists - Tinyhawk Freestyle 2

Just had an email to say it arrives on Wednesday :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Just been looking at the Jumper T. Do I need anything other than the unit to make it work with the tiny hawk?

Sorry for the pretty newb question

1 Like

Nope that should bind to the tinyhawk freestyle 2 just fine. When you create the model on the radio make sure you set it to FrSky D8 and then it will bind just fine :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks @DeanoG60.
From what I’ve read they certainly seem to be more responsive

2 Likes

When I say overseas I really mean the Irish sea :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got Jumper T-Lite on the advice Of @Nidge and find it really nice to handle, I wanted one that would plug and play simulator training which this does with ease, i binded mine with betaflight to THFS 2 easy enough as soon as you understood the settings tabs on the controller,

My advice is to ask questions here as this is a new controller and if you do Google you get conflicting advice and I followed word for word there advice on settings which in actual fact I should have taken a wee bit from Josh bardwell video and the rest of advice here. I’ve made mistakes but I was 100% clueless but making so many mistakes at the start I learned alot more about the controller and THFS, before changing anything in betaflight definitely do a backup but do not worry as emax have you out of the box files on there website if balls things up :crazy_face:

4 Likes

FrSky D8 is basically it to get it to bind and fly, I’ve
made all the mistakes as you will see from my thread which took me days :roll_eyes:

Today I can out the box bind it in minutes and then setup modes to set the switches to your liking also takes a few minutes.

My thread will show you my mistakes and corrections by the lads here that made it simple and understandable.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @ziceman.

Nothing wrong with making them mistakes.
It’s helped me by learning from them already and I’m certain I’ve plenty of mistakes for me to make myself .

2 Likes

So it arrived today. Had a number of bumps against lampshades etc in the house.

Gave it a go on the local field without the goggles as I was on my own and was impressed.

Once you get the hang of it - it’s pretty punchy for a little drone.

I can pretty much manouver in circles and kind of do a figure 8.

Punched it in to the sky a few times with a big smile on my face and then the batteries died. Must order even more batteries!

@SirGunner how did you get on?

4 Likes

I have just ordered a buzzer for my tiny whoop.

Flew it yesterday and note to oneself, “don’t fly it over long grass if it hasn’t got a buzzer” 2 hours later :roll_eyes:

The TH2FS is awesome.
I’ve just got a BetaFPV too

4 Likes

That’s a good idea.
I kept it pretty close while I got the hang of it but think a buzzer would be a good idea once I start using the goggles.

I think I also need a decent charger as I can’t tell when the stock one has charged the lipos. It just stays on green all of the time !!

1 Like

Normally flashes once its charged.

2 Likes

Probably not charged enough then. I’ll put them back on.

All other ports seem to flash too which I thought was odd

1 Like

Yeah if there isn’t anything plugged into them then they flash.

4 Likes

green light goes off when fully charged

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve realised now. Just impatient haha

2 Likes

Glad you had a good start Howard, sounds like you had a great time getting the hang of it :grin:

Not great lol received the last of my stuff I’ve ordered but went to turn on the Jumper T-Lite Transmitter and it just won’t turn on so waiting for a reply from the retailer I purchased it from. For now I’m grounded :pleading_face:

1 Like

I did thanks. Although the definition of success was not smashing it to pieces :joy:

Initially I found it a bit jumpy but once outside with space it wasn’t too long before I could hover fairly confidently and manoeuvre.

It’s when the goggles feature that I can see some issues haha.

i take it you bought the Bnf version?

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be fine with the goggles when you get around to trying it :grin:

I didn’t get the TH2FS in the end. I decided to buy separate controller, goggles and quad etc. All ready to go now except for the faulty controller :confused:

1 Like

Ah apologies my mistake. All the excitement of new toys I must have overlooked that.

Hope you get the controller sorted soon. Mines just set off on the slow boat from China!

1 Like

Lol no worries I probably wasn’t clear when I said I was looking at getting the TH2FS.

Cheer I’m sure I’ll get it sorted soon, its annoying as I was planning on getting out over the long weekend but hey ho lol
What controller did you go for in the end Howard?