Good UK Stockists - Tinyhawk Freestyle 2

Nope that should bind to the tinyhawk freestyle 2 just fine. When you create the model on the radio make sure you set it to FrSky D8 and then it will bind just fine :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks @DeanoG60.
From what I’ve read they certainly seem to be more responsive

2 Likes

When I say overseas I really mean the Irish sea :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got Jumper T-Lite on the advice Of @Nidge and find it really nice to handle, I wanted one that would plug and play simulator training which this does with ease, i binded mine with betaflight to THFS 2 easy enough as soon as you understood the settings tabs on the controller,

My advice is to ask questions here as this is a new controller and if you do Google you get conflicting advice and I followed word for word there advice on settings which in actual fact I should have taken a wee bit from Josh bardwell video and the rest of advice here. I’ve made mistakes but I was 100% clueless but making so many mistakes at the start I learned alot more about the controller and THFS, before changing anything in betaflight definitely do a backup but do not worry as emax have you out of the box files on there website if balls things up :crazy_face:

4 Likes

FrSky D8 is basically it to get it to bind and fly, I’ve
made all the mistakes as you will see from my thread which took me days :roll_eyes:

Today I can out the box bind it in minutes and then setup modes to set the switches to your liking also takes a few minutes.

My thread will show you my mistakes and corrections by the lads here that made it simple and understandable.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @ziceman.

Nothing wrong with making them mistakes.
It’s helped me by learning from them already and I’m certain I’ve plenty of mistakes for me to make myself .

2 Likes

So it arrived today. Had a number of bumps against lampshades etc in the house.

Gave it a go on the local field without the goggles as I was on my own and was impressed.

Once you get the hang of it - it’s pretty punchy for a little drone.

I can pretty much manouver in circles and kind of do a figure 8.

Punched it in to the sky a few times with a big smile on my face and then the batteries died. Must order even more batteries!

@SirGunner how did you get on?

4 Likes

I have just ordered a buzzer for my tiny whoop.

Flew it yesterday and note to oneself, “don’t fly it over long grass if it hasn’t got a buzzer” 2 hours later :roll_eyes:

The TH2FS is awesome.
I’ve just got a BetaFPV too

4 Likes

That’s a good idea.
I kept it pretty close while I got the hang of it but think a buzzer would be a good idea once I start using the goggles.

I think I also need a decent charger as I can’t tell when the stock one has charged the lipos. It just stays on green all of the time !!

1 Like

Normally flashes once its charged.

2 Likes

Probably not charged enough then. I’ll put them back on.

All other ports seem to flash too which I thought was odd

1 Like

Yeah if there isn’t anything plugged into them then they flash.

4 Likes

green light goes off when fully charged

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve realised now. Just impatient haha

2 Likes

Glad you had a good start Howard, sounds like you had a great time getting the hang of it :grin:

Not great lol received the last of my stuff I’ve ordered but went to turn on the Jumper T-Lite Transmitter and it just won’t turn on so waiting for a reply from the retailer I purchased it from. For now I’m grounded :pleading_face:

1 Like

I did thanks. Although the definition of success was not smashing it to pieces :joy:

Initially I found it a bit jumpy but once outside with space it wasn’t too long before I could hover fairly confidently and manoeuvre.

It’s when the goggles feature that I can see some issues haha.

i take it you bought the Bnf version?

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be fine with the goggles when you get around to trying it :grin:

I didn’t get the TH2FS in the end. I decided to buy separate controller, goggles and quad etc. All ready to go now except for the faulty controller :confused:

1 Like

Ah apologies my mistake. All the excitement of new toys I must have overlooked that.

Hope you get the controller sorted soon. Mines just set off on the slow boat from China!

1 Like

Lol no worries I probably wasn’t clear when I said I was looking at getting the TH2FS.

Cheer I’m sure I’ll get it sorted soon, its annoying as I was planning on getting out over the long weekend but hey ho lol
What controller did you go for in the end Howard?

I’m using the stock controller right now as I bought the rtf kit.
The idea being it’ll probably sell easily when I upgrade in a few months.

I ordered the Jumper T-lite as it sounded like it was more responsive however the stock one isn’t too bad to start off with.

I’m hoping that I’ll have started to fly with the goggles by the end of the bank holiday

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan Howard. Let us know how you get on with the goggles over the weekend :+1:t2:

1 Like