Got out today... didn't expect a water!

i saw window of opportunity today and rushed out to a place i had successfully flown before but didn’t quite get the drone to the site i wanted… found out, after the event, that i had put in a geo boundary and i just ended up returning to home. Newbie issue!.

No problem… I was just happy to get ‘something’ and not kill my Mini 2.

Today i set the Mini up properly and with a bit more confidence sent it out further… i got the Mini to the place quite quickly, following the same route as last time and went further. Did the shots/video and pressed RTH purposely so i could again yaw the Mini on its straight run back… Great I thought… What a dream to turn and face whatever i liked whilst of a straight path back…

Then with about 100 yards away… Water!.. not the underneath type but the stuff that falls down on you… Geez! I was getting a soaking and it had not landed the thing yet…

Managed to get it down ok, (It was covered in water) run for the car and boy oh boy did it bucket down… Seriously. On my way back from the site i had wipers on full and the rain was like a fog in front of me. Didn’t stop the impatient from doing 70 past me on the 50mph dual carriageway :frowning:

I pulled over on the way and hoping to save myself from a crash and fingers crossed a patch of blue opening up to take something else in with the Mini… it did for about 4, maybe 5, nano seconds. :slight_smile:

Anyway I got some of what i ventured out for and edited it. After playing back i realised i need some appropriate music… I did a free music search and soon realised that free meant pay only once… Is there any truly free music resources out there… If I can find something I’ll add it to the edit and then post it up on YT with a link of the day here.

Still, glad i made the effort.

There is a free to use music in the members only section.

Yes, there is indeed.

We’ve even got a mythical magical thing called a search on our forum too. Ours is perhaps better than Google’s though as it gives you actual results and not paid adverts :smiley:

You have music available from our very own @EricMatyas - check it out here: https://greyarro.ws/t/music-and-sound-effects-by-eric-matyas/1455

Or, there is a further thread here which may be of use: Music for drone videos on You Tube - Royalty Free / Free

Feel free to reply to those threads to continue the discussion there :slight_smile:

I don’t quite follow what happened here though Alan? :thinking:

Can you explain a bit more?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @PingSpike

regarding the geo boundary… I set a distance of travel… or more likely didn’t set one and it is a default distance (boundary in my mind?) Anyway I hit it and the drone wouldn’t go any further…

This time before send the Mini out I checked the furthest distance and increased it a lot more… got to where i needed to this time… make any sense?

1 Like

Yes, lots, thanks for the details :slight_smile:

1 Like