Greetings from Poole

Hi everyone
Never flown a drone before and have been digesting lots of information from this club and others. I come from a DLSR background and got the drone to extend what I can photo.

Somewhat devastated that the New Forest is out of bounds as I have spent a lot of time cycling through there and know some good places. Ho hum :slight_smile:

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi @Maverick34 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer ÂŁ5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Hi Mark @Maverick34 and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Mark - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Only within the perambulation boundary. Plenty of places in the wider National Park to fly in and around with no issues…

Welcome BTW…

Edit!! … The boundary has actually been extended but there’s still plenty of places to fly from. my take on it is any cattle grid you cross over then that’s when it becomes dodgy with drones. But you can fly on private land within the forest with the landowners permission.

1 Like

Out of bounds? :thinking:

In what respect @Maverick34 ? :thinking:

There are lots of recommendations on Drone Scene for New Forest :slight_smile:

And there is some significant irony in every single video on the background of their web site being taken with a drone :man_facepalming:t2:

Welcome from Bournemouth :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: and the New Forest :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Maverick34 Welcome to GADC, enjoy.

1 Like

Not so much “out of bounds” as “tightly controlled”.

1 Like

By whom?

Dunno - Forestry Commision maybe? Or New Forest District Council who I think wrote the rules (?)

Me neither.

You said it, I was hoping you’d have some idea? :person_shrugging:t2:

https://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/visiting/visitor-information/flying-drones-in-the-new-forest-national-park/

1 Like

NFDC have no jurisdiction over the National Park Authority.

The below may help you that I posted in the past…

https://greyarro.ws/t/new-forest-national-park/57977

This bit is particularly bollocks

Note: even if you take off from private land you may not fly over public land without permission.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Hants Flyer. My knowledge in this subject I very limited but from what I understand after reading the available internet published information there are tight restrictions within this national park

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback and welcome messages.

Welcome aboard.
Shame about the New forest but you live in a fabulous part of the country Im sure you’ll find some new subject matter.:ok_hand:
Paul from Leyland, Lancashire.

1 Like

Hi there, hope you have a great time here a we do. Plenty of people to make friends with and plenty of advice when needed.

1 Like

Belated welcome, also from Bournemouth.
Better off heading west down the coastal areas from Poole (Corfe Castle is mostly flyable with caveats, lots of vids from Old Harry, etc) than North East (NT areas).

Happy flying!

1 Like