Hallo from Hampshire!

Evening. Nice to know there’s actually a club I can join to chat to like-minded people! I’m quite new to drones but really enjoying it.

2 Likes

Welcome @Sky_scater to GADC from a fellow Mavic 2 Pro flyer.
Feel free to pick all our brains, we have a load of very clever guys on here, who are only to willing to answer your questions.:smiley:

1 Like

That’s great thanks Chris.
I’m just trying to see how I add myself to the Users map.

1 Like

Hi Stef / @Sky_scater , and welcome to GADC.

An ever increasing number of our members also have the M2P - so you’re amongst good company :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll get an idea if there are other members in your neck of the wood.

You mentioned Southampton Airport in your earlier post - so that probably means you’re somewhere near me … since I’m almost on the runway!

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks man. Yes I’ve added myself to the map. I’m located in Netley. I have seen someone had a nice video around Hurst Castle and thought of maybe going around there tomorrow perhaps to do some flying and some practising. Want to do some stills and video. Bought some ND Grad filters and must see what it’s doing!

2 Likes

I’ve flown there myself - albeit in a frigging windy day … but not as windy as tomorrow’s forecast! :frowning:

But - should conditions be OK - it’s a great location.

Don’t forget the castle and the surrounds are owned by English Heritage - who are not drone friendly - so taking off from some distance and not overflying too low (ie - drone code distance) is very recommended.

My flights there were way before anyone was awake (summer - sunrise time - since the wardens live IN the castle!), and not had an issue.

3 Likes

Ummm, English Heritage may have something to say to you if you go buzzing round there!.
One of the No No’s together with National Trust, be wary of that.
OPPS! Dave beat me to it !

2 Likes

Damn, yes I’ve seen the wind is gonna turn rough, but was hoping it’ll be still ok early. Pity about the English Heritage…I might have to look for another location then. Thanks for the warning.

LOL Yes he did. Assume you can see my reply as well. Thanks

Going to be windy everywhere down south tomorrow … which is why I’m heading to a brewery’s birthday bash. :wink:

HAHAHA, Good alternative

Sunday’s looking pants too … shame the brewery bash is only tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least my tripod and Canon can withstand a few mph wind

1 Like

LOL!

There’s always the option of popping out now for some night flying? Almost dead calm! :wink:

Anyplace close to Netley you can suggest for a nightflight?

Not off the top of my head. :thinking:

I went a few times near the Itchen bridge but it’s a bit too close to the Southampton flightpath for my liking.

Not sure who owns what around there … some possibles?

What about Netley Abbey ruins, and the church ?

1 Like

You’re just down the road from me! Will let you know about meet ups!

1 Like