Hamming activity Luce Bay (West Freugh)

I received notice through another website off this activity.
If I’m reading this right it’s 55Nm from Luce Bay near Stranraer.
That includes the IOM, almost as far as Glasgow, parts of Norther Cumbria fells almost to Keswick, Northern Ireland including Belfast & Antrim.
That’s a heck of an area & I can’t see the radial on NATS or DRONE SCENE. There is some restrictions around Stranraer & Luce Bay but not 55NM worth.

Am I missing something? Don’t want to fly & then loose control for 2 mins.

NOTICE IS AS FOLLOWS;
Jamming trial date change: 14 Sep - 4 Dec, Luce Bay

Jamming activity impacting electronic situational awareness devices, UAS command systems and GNSS receivers will now take place 14 September – 4 December 2020 in and around Luce Bay.

The activity may affect GNSS receivers along with UAS and cockpit devices operating on 433, 868, 915, 2400, 5800 MHz operating up to 40,000FT AMSL within 55NM of 545020N 045548W (West Freugh).

During the trials impacted systems may suffer intermittent or total failure. Individual events will not exceed 2 minutes in duration with no more than 5 events per hour. Activity will take place in daytime hours between 0830 and 1600.

For details of impact at specific flight levels or further information contact spectrum@caa.co.uk

Emergency cease jamming contact 01776 888932 or 01776 888930

A post was merged into an existing topic: GPS and RF signal jamming - The great big notifications thread