Hangar 360 from Seahouses Harbour

First try out, shame the seagulls were having a go at me…

2 Likes

OK … my iOS resistance is all but depleted!
So much clearer/bolder than via Go4 … see other thread where I just posted a Photoshop (albeit sat in the sunshine using my phone) edited one .

1 Like

And it was shot on the Spark
They have just updated it to work with the AIR yesterday. Its worrying when the craft just does its own thing and zooms off. But it does create some interesting footage.
Shame they dont do it for Android also, but its a matter of time I guess.

@milkmanchris this is my trial from Northumberland

I did ask them on Twitter if Android would come. No response. I’ll email them.

My god those Hangar 360 panos are good!

2 Likes

I’ll wait and see if I can get any Android prognosis before submitting to iOS. Mainly because I’m post-car-MOT broke.

@OzoneVibe I have just emailed Lisa Cowen who is the Account Development person I spoke with. She was talking with the CTO Jim McAndrews who seams to have a hand on things.
Will let you all know, as soon as I do.
Cheers

1 Like

OK. Cool.
I’ll refrain from bombarding them … even if that would highlight the need. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just got home and looking at your 360 on a decent screen.
Impressive!

For that pano, over water, it would be interesting to see what a polarising filter would achieve.
The differing angles to the water would mean it has a varied effect (none directly down changing to a max at about 45 degrees).
Can’t imagine any difference would notice on a Go4 pano … but the resolution and clarity of the Hanger one would certainly be changed … not sure if for the better.

1 Like

Ordered ND/PL for the air, so will try this when they arrive
Cheers

1 Like

@m2bfx, Brilliant stuff Barry, glad you got it sorted.

There is a lot to be said for flying in the better weather.

https://viewer.hangar.com/wYXAkPjE

Is a mundane 360 I took above work (University Of York) early one Sunday last summer, York in the distance if you zoom in and Drax Power Station, 20 miles away in the opposite direction are easily picked out.

3 Likes

@m2bfx i also love playing spot the pilot, if thats you at the end of the jetty I claim my prize ;o)

2 Likes

I’d love Hangar on Andriod but considering how long Hangar has been around, they’ve shown zero interest in porting it to Andriod :cry:

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

@milkmanchris If you look straight down, im the one next to the white car…sorry no prize this time

1 Like

I had an interesting issue, Spark took off, all OK battery all OK etc etc
It went to 300ft and started the pano, got to shot 20 and then that was it…nothing, no control from the controller or the app. So I have a drone 300ft up with no control over, below this drone are caravans costing a few quid. Panic set in and my thought was OK so this thing is going to drop like a brick from 300ft. However eventually it sorted itself out and captured the 360 again, then returned home.
Question would the Mavic Air do an automatic RTH when the battery got low ??
I have raised the question with Hangar.
I have also just updated the IOS yesterday.
Barry

I would have thought so.

Could perhaps have tried the RTH button on the controller? (perhaps after disconnecting the iOS device?). That’s what I would have done if nothing else worked.

Barry, if you ever want to take control back from any autonomous software put it into sport mode.

1 Like

… providing Sport has been enabled, which, when I got my MP, it wasn’t by default.

But - for that reason - it’s worth enabling.

RTH should take back control, too … and can be cancelled if needed. At least this is always available whatever the other configurations.

1 Like