Have you wrapped your bird?

My new DecalGirls skin arrived this week, so soon will be flying with it, I wanted a colour scheme better than the drab grey DJI give us, I think this is quite nice, 9 also being my birthday day

7 Likes

Photo doesn’t do it justice.

5 Likes

More photos might? Get posting! :slight_smile:

Does this change colour depending on the angle of the light?

1 Like

Yes it does from the blue in the picture to purple.

Must admit these look very colourful. Think I would make a total b*****s of it tho’
:rofl:
I have toyed with the idea of hand painting with Vallejo paints and a good sable brush as it gives a smooth finish with no brush marks.

love this can I ask where you got it from please

So here is my version from https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jamestandin-3/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= :

I think I can see it better than the unskinned version. Here it is at 40m:

In my mind it was going to look like this!:

Steve Lynes from Sandshurst, United Kingdom, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

Oh well, another experiment!

1 Like

Hi Daniel @DEFarnes and a belated welcome to GADC!

:rofl:

It does, just from a very very very long way away!

1 Like

Looks good, these might get you closer to your dream :wink:

1 Like

Can’t remember off the top of my head, but will see if I have any paperwork somewhere. It wasn’t expensive and with a little patience, was relatively easy to fit. Legs were a little frustrating though.

Mark.

1 Like

Looks like a Decal Girl skin. :thinking:

@sdj_drones

1 Like

2 Likes

Well that was good for a couple of hours. Quite therapeutic! Not sure about adding a silver accent wrap now. Quite like it as it is.

3 Likes

Looks great!!

How long did it take you?

And how many swear words?

1 Like

Thanks Rich. Spent about an hour and half yesterday with swear words starting to creep in. Decided to call it for the day and finished off this morning in 45 mins. Just took my time. The hardest part was the rear legs around the hinge area. That was quite fiddly.

1 Like

Silly question that has probably been asked before but I’m too lazy to scroll back through the thread to find out lol but do these wraps take the weight over the golden number of 250g on the minis? :thinking:

1 Like

They add about 5 to 6 grams. Just put the mini 2 on the scales. It still only weighs 244g so still well below the 250. :+1:

1 Like

Unwrapped my bird and a bit messy :frowning: needed furniture polish and wd40, when it comes to selling I lose a large % of buyer’s here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

@ziceman you’re alive! How’s the FPV coming along? :grin:

2 Likes