Have you wrapped your bird?

That’s a serious improvement over the felt tip kit DJI are selling, great job :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks @PingSpike. Yeah, seeing those DIY sticker kits reviewed on YouTube made me steer clear. Although maybe the blank ones would do better through a printer rather than using the felt tips supplied.

3 Likes

Well, this is… underwhelmingly not hot-pink. :frowning:

Email off to DecalGirl to see if they can reprint it properly. Very disappointing.

1 Like

Whoa…

That’s more of a cold purple :confused:

3 Likes

New wrap for christmas! Pretty cool! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

hope you never have to crash land it in the woods :rofl:

1 Like

Great job @McSteamy2010 :+1:t2:

Did it take long to fit?

1 Like

10-15 mins mate, not sure we’re the missus got the wrap I’m guessing Ebay or similar :ok_hand: really impressed with the quality though :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s mine in the right area of the forum !!

A lovely custom red camo.

5 Likes

Liking that red! :ok_hand::ok_hand::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Did the wrap kit come with new MAVIC PRO stickers ??
Steve
:slightly_smiling_face:

Do you mean because the wrap covers up the writing on the arms? My skin didn’t come with MP stickers and skins I cut myself I just cut MP stickers to match.

1 Like

The gold is what I cut myself for a finishing touch.

1 Like

I was thinking of this older photo
The reddish arms with stickers over the wrap

https://greyarrows.s3.dualstack.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/1X/ced8404e668969e1e72f82f29dfb0c84a4efb26b.jpeg

It all looks so neat and perfect :+1:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think with those wraps it not a Mavic pro sticker over the top it more the wrap has a segment cut out so the Mavic pro logo underneath is still exposed. :ok_hand:

Saw this thread pop up and realised I never updated on the reply from DecalGirl.

Basically, they will let you design your wrap in any colours you like, but they can’t print neons (and, it seems, a lot of other colours) so the printer just produces the closest it can. They do have pre-printed sheets of neon vinyl which they use for single-colour wraps, but you can’t have them customised at all.

Anyway, they were very apologetic and offered me a refund or said they could send me a new wrap with the pink as ‘bright’ as they could make it. I went for the latter.

I’ll be honest, it’s still purple rather than pink. But it’s grown on me quite a lot… and it does stand out more against the sky than the grey body did.

4 Likes

Nicely wrapped! Liking the colour too! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

My two little soldiers

4 Likes

Arh Yes, I can see that now.
Must look and see where my local SpecSavers is :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hadn’t considered putting one on my drone however, after seeing the drones on here I’ve changed my mind.

The high-vis option seems like the best for flying further. For the folks with the camouflage wraps, can you still see your drone when flying far away?

1 Like