Have you wrapped your bird?

We had this chat on here only a few days ago in another thread, can’t think which one but we pretty much agreed that your bird is better being darker over being wrapped in hi viz, better visibility against the sky, however if you want it easy to see on the ground ie after it’s crashed then hi vis is the option. Personal choice obviously but I would recommend a darker skin. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Agreed, can’t see bright colours from any distance, I use strobes for that. As for seeing on the ground I thankfully haven’t had that problem yet but when/if it does the strobes should help there too …

2 Likes

Well here is mine. Airborne and inside mind.
Don’t know how it will look outdoors yet…

7 Likes

Really liking that! Looks good :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I really like this one, nice job fitting it. Can I ask where you got it and what its called (the skin), I might take a look for mine. :+1:

1 Like

There’s a bit more info over here @B0M0A0K :+1:t2:

1 Like

Since the Mavic Air sounds like an angry wasp :rage: I thought this was appropriate :blush:

Although not so much of an annoyance since fitting Master Screw props :+1: :grin:

6 Likes

That looks awesome, :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

2 Likes

got the vinyl cutter out for a job so thought why not cut some stripes.

Go faster stripes :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice and subtle I thought, not to in your face :ok_hand:

Mine is just like me - subtle as a brick !! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

sorry couldn’t resist it

11 Likes

I’m not averse to an owl burrito but you’d think they would pluck the feathers first.

3 Likes

and the beak bit crunchy lol

2 Likes

So, something like this? Unfortunately, this image has been edited and isn’t an actual skin. :pensive:

There was a lot of talk about black being the best colour, and having seen images, I’d be inclined to agree from a VLOS perspective.

There was a post on here a few days ago about angry gulls, and I was wondering if there were colours that birds didn’t like i.e. to keep them away from a drone.

I looks like white is a big no no for birds, so a black drone with white flashes on it might be a winner.

2 Likes

That’s the one :slight_smile:

I believe that in nature yellow / black or red / black markings are seen as “danger” i.e wasps. Could try those.

:dark_sunglasses:

Just wrapped the MA2, not for practical reasons I simply liked the look.
I purchased from Decal Girl, skin went on easy and the quality is pretty good.

5 Likes