Have you wrapped your bird?

:point_up: Duck lads, the Luftwaffe are back - Now wheres that Spitfire decal … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I read somewhere that birds don’t like white flashes on black, so decided to have a bit of fun with that :grinning:

3 Likes

Some ordinary birds seem to be wary of yellow/black for obvious reasons, but sadly the shitehawks will often have a go at anything - guess they never see/eat wasps & bees lol.

1 Like

I like birds, I put food out in my garden, it’s good that they’re around.

Yesterday, I went to an abandoned airfield. Loads of space, surrounded by wheat fields. I was just about to take off when I spotted someone on horseback.

I held off … Thankfully. The horse disturbed… I don’t know, a lot of birds, I want to say 500+, it was a lot!

My planned low level flight over those fields was scuppered… And I’m pleased it was, otherwise my MM would have been in trouble.

I got that idea from @ianinlondon after seeing a recent YouTube post… but you just don’t know what’s there right?

Anyway, I snapped this lonely poppy…

6 Likes

I’ve just wrapped my MA2😀

7 Likes

I have finally skinned Mandy mavic. Yes I named her. Skin £8 from aliexpress delivered within a week. Quite thick skin.

7 Likes

Mandy? Fly me?

1 Like

Very nice :+1:t4:

1 Like

Some amazing creations, I am impressed!

Now I need to think what I can do for my Air 2.

1 Like

So I’ve been looking at wraps for my Mavic Mini online and it made me wonder what the feeling is amongst the GADC community when it comes to wraps?

Personally I think some do look good but also think it they are not on perfectly it would only wind me up and ultimately end up being taken off.

1 Like

I wrapped my Autel EVO 1 a couple years ago and found it a bit tedious and I couldnt get things to line up perfectly. I think user-error on my part. Then i tried my hand at wrapping my Sony A7RIV. It was a $60 epic fail! Haha! I like tge look and idea of it, but next time I’m going to see if i can find someone experienced in doing a pro skin applications. Or… maybe I’m the exception and just the worst, and you will have no problems at all! Good luck :blush::+1:

1 Like

Haha, yeah you see that’s my fear that it will just look crap once I’ve done it. I’m tempted (if I decide that I will wrap) to see if I can get it done by a ‘professional’ by that I mean someone who’s done more than one before lol

Also, if you have wrapped then either decide to sell or change the wrap do they come off ok or do they leave a sticky residue on your bird? (Nothing worse lol)

1 Like

You user ID doesn’t bode well on that one. :rofl:

1 Like

Lol, now you see why i’m concerned :rofl:

1 Like

They come off fine, if anything you might just need a damp cloth or wet wipe :+1:t4: But all the wraps I’ve done have been fine.

Also check out wrapgrade I’ve not used these personally but they look the muts :+1:t4:

1 Like

Always good to know :smirk:

3 Likes

Have you looked at Dankla Andy?

Got a skin for my Typhoon H from them. Fit was very good although it did take a while to put it on (see post 138 in this thread).

http://www.dankla.de/home/DJI-Mavic-Mini-c45511889

3 Likes

I’ve not looked at them yet, I’ve been looking at Wrapgrade so far, they look good too.
I’ll check those out tho, thanks for the heads up about them

1 Like

Yeah Wrapgrade is where I’ve been looking, they look really good, high quality.

1 Like