Hello all from Central London

Hi all,

Total beginner here, Just got myself a Mini 3 Pro over the last couple of days. Had a quick visit to Dukes Meadows in West London this afternoon for the maiden flight. This turned out to be an excellent place to start out. Very quiet apart from a few dog walkers, nice open clear space with good visibility and lovely views over the Thames. I’ll have a go at getting some images out of the drone shortly.

Paul

4 Likes

Hi Paul - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Great choice of drone - you’ll enjoy it I’m sure :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome Paul to GADC :clap: :clap:

@paulg0 Hi Paul welcome to GADC have fun flying

Hi @paulg0 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Thanks for the welcome all!

I had a quick play with DaVinci Resolve yesterday evening. It seems like I have a lot to learn there, but did manage tio make a very short sample video from yesterdays footage.

Paul

1 Like

Did you check the Drone Safe maps before flying?

I took information from here: Duke's Meadows - Added to Parks and Recreation in London

Paul

1 Like

I used to fly in Stanmore in a public area for basic training then months later I discovered that it was in a restricted zone. London is full of them. Always check the official drone-flying maps or you could fall foul of the CAA.

Many thanks for the advice, I will make sure I double check before I fly.

Paul