Hello All, I am a beginner from Plymouth

New to the site, and brand new to drones, just received my Mini 2, have updated and synched, all I need to understand is where in the Plymouth area can you fly; Dartmoor is OOB, Plymouth City Council deny drones in parks, the sound and TAMAR are governed by MOD restrictions and NOTAMS. I have A2 COC as looking to get into this more but has anyone found a location in the Plymouth area that is legal?

3 Likes

Hi there and welcome, you might find something with this fantastic resource.

1 Like

Not quite correct their, I must add my good friend… If you look at the map , one side is free to fly safely , as is on the Hoe… You will get a message up on your tablet when on the Hoe just a warning… but carry on flying if its safe to do so…

Thanks Kacey.

Hi Dot and welcome to GADC.

Hi @Dot and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Download AirMap and you’ll find out the places where you can or can’t fly .
No fly zones are the Natural Reserves as well . Good luck . :+1::beers:

1 Like

Our very own DroneScene is much better

You also might wanna have a read too on the differences between no fly zone and flight restriction zones

2 Likes